• To anyone looking to acquire commercial radio programming software:

Please do not make requests for copies of radio programming software which is sold (or was sold) by the manufacturer for any monetary value. All requests will be deleted and a forum infraction issued. Making a request such as this is attempting to engage in software piracy and this forum cannot be involved or associated with this activity. The same goes for any private transaction via Private Message. Even if you attempt to engage in this activity in PM's we will still enforce the forum rules. Your PM's are not private and the administration has the right to read them if there's a hint to criminal activity.

If you are having trouble legally obtaining software please state so. We do not want any hurt feelings when your vague post is mistaken for a free request. It is YOUR responsibility to properly word your request.

To obtain Motorola software see the Sticky in the Motorola forum.

The various other vendors often permit their dealers to sell the software online (i.e., Kenwood). Please use Google or some other search engine to find a dealer that sells the software. Typically each series or individual radio requires its own software package. Often the Kenwood software is less than $100 so don't be a cheapskate; just purchase it.

For M/A Com/Harris/GE, etc: there are two software packages that program all current and past radios. One package is for conventional programming and the other for trunked programming. The trunked package is in upwards of $2,500. The conventional package is more reasonable though is still several hundred dollars. The benefit is you do not need multiple versions for each radio (unlike Motorola).

This is a large and very visible forum. We cannot jeopardize the ability to provide the RadioReference services by allowing this activity to occur. Please respect this.

Operate over the LAN?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Your_account

Completely Banned for the Greater Good
Banned
Hey
Please do not move into the CB Forum...

So I will rum my CB Radio 24/7 to decode some Data stuff what the Send.
The Radio are under the Ruff so nobody is there. I will there only for Maintenance.
The Audio Cable (Later an USB for an Sound Modem) will pluged into my "Server" who run with Win.
So which Software allow me to Operate over the Lan to Send and Receive Data and Text Messages?
Thanks

ka3jjz

Wiki Admin Emeritus
The connections to the radio for the receive and transmit lines may be pretty easy, but controlling the radio is another matter. You would need some sort of PC control - often that's available on ham radios (many of which have RS232 or USB ports for this very function). I very much doubt a CB would have these features, and it would take a considerable amount of knowledge and skill to modify a CB to do this.

Mike

Last edited:

Your_account

Banned
I dont need to switch the Channel because there are just 2 and on one of them run everything.
What I need is an Application who allow me to Send Text and Data over the LAN.

ka3jjz

Wiki Admin Emeritus
I know of none; there are many apps for sending / receiving data, but they're all geared to ham use, and not for remote sending / receiving. And you'd have to be much more specific about the mode you're trying to use.

Mike

ka3jjz

Wiki Admin Emeritus
The OP is in central Europe, I think...not in the States, so the rules are different.

How to find out the mode - well, you could ask (off the air, of course) your other CB friends, or you can put the audio into a decoder, take a look at the waveform, and you can hazard a pretty good guess from that. Here's a few places where you can find waveforms (sometimes called sonograms or waterfalls) of many different modes...

HF Modes Currently Active - The RadioReference Wiki

HF Appendix - The RadioReference Wiki

Without knowing the specific mode you want to use, it's next to impossible to recommend a particular application. There are MANY different digital modes out there, and some that are specific to a particular country or region

Mike

Why do you need to do this it has no practical legal uses?

Perhaps one of the silliest questions Ive read...
Why does anyone use SDR's...PDW...Ect....

Are we really going to go Mizz Kravitz on this fellow...

Im Sure Most of us have done our fair share of activities
that have --No Practical Legal Use-- regarding radio
hobbies..

Keep in mind, Many of the --Tools-- we have available
fall well in the lines of a Gray area...

SDR# for instance..Is that in FCC compliance.
Yikes..In some countries just replacing the drivers
to use it as a radio receiver is a violation of laws..

My AOR8200mk3...with Full coverage...Not FCC
compliant..

Ect...

Ect....

Ect...........

JussSayin....

Your_account

Banned
The OP is in central Europe
Yes from AT.
you could ask (off the air, of course) your other CB friends
In the Forum the dont answer me. Over the Air? I have to stay on a Ladder to Speak into the Mike.
Why does anyone use SDR's...PDW...Ect....
My SDR Receive nothing than crap.
I use an Antenna on the Rooftop and an ~4m Antenna Cable.
There are just some "jip, jip, jip, jip, jip, jip, jip, jip, jip,..." Sounds all over the Band.
Keep in mind, Many of the --Tools-- we have available
fall well in the lines of a Gray area...
haha a lot of Radio Stuff is here in Europe illegal to use.
During the Migration Crisis last Summer a lot of People use Baofeng and other illegal Radios to coordinate there Action on a Railwaystation. The Police ignore that totally.
Also Applications like DSD, PDW are not realy legal to use -> Copyright, Decode Company Freq Data,...

So the CB Radio is legal here also Sound Modems. The huge Problem is nobody would explain how the ssshhttt work. I have no Idea how does it directly work.
I know how the Pins are connected and there are Plugs from China on Ebay.
The huge Problem are the information. The are so weak.
In Theorie (i am not an Electronic expert) switching between channels are easy because shuld need just 2 relays.
Albrecht PDF said:
Microphone Jack (2)
6-pole, Jap. standard, screw-in type, suitable for electret or other microphones with approx. 600 Ohm to 1 kOhm
impedance, except UP/DOWN button (pin 4) according to usual “Albrecht” standard.
PIN 1 Microphone NF
PIN 2 PTT-RX contact (on GND during reception) - also for NF uncoupling packet radio
PIN 3 PTT-TX contact (on GND during transmission)
PIN 4 UP/DOWN button (caution, special circuit for AE 5890 EU)
PIN 5 Ground, shielding
PIN 6 Power supply for electrets microphone (or other accessories)
Important: The circuitry corresponds with the “Albrecht” standard, which is widely used for CB radio (exception PIN
4). Please observe if connecting different microphones! In case you want to connect a different microphone: only
use microphones with electrets capsules and leave PIN 4 unused, if necessary. Additional devices such as
modems are only to be used in FM mode. Please observe the regulations of the respective countries. Data
transmission is not everywhere permitted.
Speaker Jack (Rear)
3.5mm mono jack, suitable for 4 to 8 Ohm speakers with at least 4 to 6 Watts. The internal speaker is
automatically muted when connecting an external speaker.

alan-micro.jpg

ka3jjz

Wiki Admin Emeritus
We have a saying here in the States; Don't put the cart before the horse. You already have the answer to how you would hook up the CB (and it's WAY off topic in this forum) so let's concentrate on identifying the mode you want to use

I would wager that if you were to go to a gathering of like-minded CBers that you would find the answer in short order. This site concentrates in activities in the US, and although we have a set of European forums, we're really not set up to be specific about CB usage in other parts of the world. So asking questions like this here (in any of our forums) isn't likely to get the answers you need.

Now let's get back to the issue (which IS on topic) of identifying the mode you are trying to use. Without this basic piece of information, no one here is going to be able to help. We need to either get a sample of the audio posted to a hosting side like SoundCloud (and set up so that folks can download the audio to play it into any number of different apps), or to see a waveform of the data (which would only involve making a connection between the speaker our of the CB to your PC, and using an app). Specific frequencies would also be a big help.

I'm wondering if it's the same kind of service that interferes with the well known SDR at the University of Twente in Holland if you try to use it to listen in this band. I believe in that case, it's a POCSAG pager that causes the issues.

We need specifics (quite apart from your legal restrictions...). Without them we really can't help - which I suspect is one (although not the only one) of the reasons why no one answered you earlier

Mike

Your_account

Banned
There are only 2 different Sounds 1) Backround Noise 2) that beeping from the Powerline nothing else.
Some use AX.25 and PSK31 but I never received anything with my Radio.

ka3jjz

Wiki Admin Emeritus
Software like FLDigi, TrueTTY, MixW and MultiPSK will copy and transmit those modes (you can find links to them at the site in my sig line), but I don't think they, or any app I know of, would work under remote control from a LAN. Perhaps someone can chime in here...Mike

Last edited:

Your_account

Banned
None?
I dont know what kind of the use PSK31 I think?
I will buy soon a Sound Modem.

Your_account

Banned
I have a CB Radio who I cant use because my Parents use Powerline.
And here in Austria you can use:
AM/ FM with 4W and
SSB with 12W

Status
Not open for further replies.