Lancaster County - P25 System (Was OpenSky System Dumped)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Captain715

Thanks for that, but I need specifically the tower.txt file from pro96com, especially since it appears there is now a 453.xxx site?
The 453.xxx "site" is the paging frequency for the County owner alphanumeric paging system. Not on the P25 system.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

K3MRK

Lanc Co programming

I need someone to set me straight on the P25 Lancaster County sites for programming a scanner. I have always imported the DB file to Freescan, assigned quick keys, download and then fumble around with the buttons to turn off the groups i didnt want to hear. Here's my question. Are all of the sites redundent for all traffic? Do I need to listen to only 1 site, the one closest to me? Or is the traffic different on all the sites depending on where the unit calling is?
I hope my question makes sense. I've never really had the patience to read the whole manual and do the research.
Thanks!

goodmore

The dispatch channels handle most of the action. The frequencies listed for each town handle private conversation and fire ground talk. Things like fire police, truck placement and fire fighting instructions. Police car to car is also on the off channels most of the time.

K3MRK

I am trying to figure out the sites. All the sites seem to have the same channels. Do I need to scan all the sites? Are all of the sites transmitting the same traffic at the same time? Examples: Northwest. Northeast, Central Simulcast, South Simulcast. Are these redundant sites?

u2brent

OAMPT
Premium Subscriber
You are correct. You only have to program the site closest to your locale. Regardless of the site you monitor, you will pick up all the activities on the system. Also, you only need the output frequencies, not the inputs to monitor any system.
Hope that helps you.

Last edited:

K3MRK

Thanks
I've been playing with settings all week and I'm starting to get it. In my case it does not matter because I am right in the middle of the Central Simulcast area, but it seems like the NE and NW sites do not have all the traffic from the central and southern areas. I also notice they are not label simulcast sites Am I correct that the Central and South Simulcast sites are the only ones to have all the county traffic, all the time?

u2brent

OAMPT
Premium Subscriber
I'm in the southern end so I generally only pick up off the south site and I it seems that I am hearing all the traffic from the entire county. I don't know about the NE & NW zones; but the RRDB does list them all as simulcasts which would infer that they are all carrying the same traffic and not just traffic from that particular zone. Anybody have differing input? I keep them all programmed in, and only enable one unless I know I'll be traveling through another area, when I have changed zones I never noticed a difference.

Subliminal87

Septa3371CSX1

Police ask Lancaster County to encrypt radios, barring public and media from hearing scanner broadcasts | Local News | lancasteronline.com

Article stating they want encryption.

They county commissioner said they wanted to wait for some public input.

Stuckey, Dennis <StuckeyD@co.lancaster.pa.us>; Lehman, Craig <CLehman@co.lancaster.pa.us>; Parsons, Joshua <JParsons@co.lancaster.pa.us>

Feel free to email them.

It seems to be the small towns that are really pushing encryption. I can definitely understand the police chiefs' concern with media members beating them to the scene and putting themselves and others in danger. If anything these media members need to be called out and trained on staying in their lane. A few years ago a member of the media used radio traffic to get to the house a suspect was thought to be hiding in and was there before the police did - leading the police to encrypt their tac channels.

The encryption is all about control when it comes down to it. The police are simply looking for ways to better filter what gets reported and encryption is a big way to do it and force the media to go through their PR folks to get the watered down press releases on the stories. The one commissioner definitely has the right thought in that the encryption can damage the relationship between the police and the communities they serve.

If anything the system in Lancaster County is already set up properly with open dispatch and closed tactical groups. They make good use of the encrypted channels they already have. As for "personal private info" going out over the air there are ways to protect that privacy including but not limited to using only first names or initials and running records checks on encrypted channels.

ribrown89

Premium Subscriber
Has anyone figured out the issue related to the Pro 96/2096 scanners not working on the system? I have come across several posts related to the issue, but no one has posted that they were able to get the scanners to work.

The Pro 2096 I am working with was programmed and worked, but stopped after changes were made to the system. I reprogrammed the scanner, triple checking the settings to no avail.

Septa3371CSX1

Has anyone figured out the issue related to the Pro 96/2096 scanners not working on the system? I have come across several posts related to the issue, but no one has posted that they were able to get the scanners to work.

The Pro 2096 I am working with was programmed and worked, but stopped after changes were made to the system. I reprogrammed the scanner, triple checking the settings to no avail.

I believe those units need the band plan to be entered as they can't use the system data from the control channel to figure it out. Not sure if the band plan is posted anywhere but someone monitoring the system with Unitrunker should be able to get it.

u2brent

OAMPT
Premium Subscriber
Band Plan ?

Does this help :confused:

ID=0 Base=476.0125 Offset=+3 Spacing=12.5 BW=12.5

ID=1 Base=476.0125 Offset=+24 Spacing=12.5 BW=12.5

ID=2 Base=453.8375 Offset=+5 Spacing=12.5 BW=12.5

CFVA=3 SysID=D66 LRA=0 RFSS=1 Site=1 TXCC=477.2125 RXCC=505.475 SC=70
CFVA=3 SysID=D66 LRA=0 RFSS=1 Site=2 TXCC=477.55 RXCC=504.7 SC=70
CFVA=3 SysID=D66 LRA=0 RFSS=1 Site=6 CC=453.8375 SC=60
WACN ID=92763 SysID=D66 LRA=0 CCTX=476.725 CCRX=505.675 SC=70
SysID=D66 LRA=0 RFSS=1 Site=4 CCTX=1-57 CCRX=1-2373 SC=70

APX7500X2

Police ask Lancaster County to encrypt radios, barring public and media from hearing scanner broadcasts | Local News | lancasteronline.com

Article stating they want encryption.

They county commissioner said they wanted to wait for some public input.

Stuckey, Dennis <StuckeyD@co.lancaster.pa.us>; Lehman, Craig <CLehman@co.lancaster.pa.us>; Parsons, Joshua <JParsons@co.lancaster.pa.us>

Feel free to email them.

I will, They should have had Encryption from the start.

u2brent

OAMPT
Premium Subscriber
Yeah, Thanks so much for your support of the public in the Lancaster PA scanning community! :roll:

Status
Not open for further replies.