Philadelphia Taxi Frequencies

Status
Not open for further replies.

Septa3371CSX1

Here is a listing of some of the frequencies used by various Taxi Cab Companies in Philadelphia. Cab companies not listed here most likely use leased radios from LTR Trunking System owners. The Sunshine Communications Philadelphia VHF LTR system is home to many of these cabs. I will post confirmed talkgroups for that system (yes, I know they are in the database but I've found ones that aren't) in a different thread. Anyways, here goes.

Crescent Cab
Dispatch: 502.2875
Mobile: 505.2875
Tone: 173.8 PL
Repeater: No
Notes: Mobile transmissions for Crescent Cab do NOT go through a repeater therefore it is neccessary to program both frequencies in order to hear both sides of the conversation. If you can hear the mobile frequency you are near the transmitting unit.

Medallion Radio Cab (dispatches Germantown Cab)
Dispatch: 452.4000
Mobile: 457.4000
Tone: 71.9 PL
Repeater: Yes
Notes: You will hear dispatchers asking drivers to go to a channel 1. I do not know if this channel 1 they refer to is another frequency or a different tone on the same frequency. I have not been able to confirm the existance of a channel 1 other than by what I hear.

All City Taxi
Dispatch and Mobile: 151.5200
Tone: CSQ
Notes: This is a simplex system with a base mobile setup on the same frequency. Audio is low thus you may have a hard time hearing what is being said on this frequency.

Olde City Taxi Coach Association
This cab company uses a three channel radio system.
Channel 1 (mainly used when a driver needs to speak to a supervisor)
Base Frequency: 860.0125
Mobile Frequency: 815.0125
Tone: 103.8 PL
Channel 2 (used for car to car conversations as well as supervisor to driver chatter)
Base Frequency: 860.5125
Mobile Frequency: 815.5125
Channel 3 (Dispatch, uses a different FCC license as opposed to the one used by Channels 1 and 2)
Base Frequency: 860.6625
Mobile Frequency: 815.6625

Victory Cab Association
This company uses two frequency pairs.
Base Frequency 1: 452.6250
Mobile Frequency 1: 457.6250
Base Frequency 2: 463.3750
Mobile Frequency 2: 468.3750
Tone: 186.2 PL
Notes: Like Crescent Cab, to monitor this company, you will need both the base and the mobile frequencies to be programmed in order to hear both sides of the conversation. If you can hear the mobile frequency, you are near the transmitting unit. Also note there are other companies that use these frequencies in Philadelphia so you may want to program the PL.

Walsh Cab Company (never seen a cab with the name "Walsh" on it, maybe this company dispatches Yellow Cab?)
Dispatch: 152.3300
Mobile: 157.5900
Tone: 71.9 PL
Notes: Norristown Yellow Cab and Delaware Diamond Cab use the same frequency pair. The reason I believe this maybe Yellow Cab is because there are several Yellow Cab entities licensed this frequency.

I also have frequencies for Liberty Cab and Capitol Dispatch. I've noticed these frequencies are LTR despite the fact that the license for them indicates they are conventional. I have not been able to fully confirm that they operate on the same LTR system but I will list the frequencies according to who they are licensed to.

Liberty Cab

Base/Mobile Pair 1: 855.2625/810.2625
Base/Mobile Pair 2: 855.5125/810.5125 (comes up as repeater 05)

Capital Dispatch

Base/Mobile Pair: 855.5375/810.5375 (comes up as repeater 01)

The following cab companies are believed to operate on LTR systems.

PHL Cab (Sunshine System)
City Cab Company
(Delaware) County Cab Company (Sunshine System)
Chester City Cab Company
New Look Cab Company
Main Line Cab Company
Quaker City Cab Company (Sunshine System)
Philadelphia Coach Cab Dispatch (77 is in the phone number for this company)

Any I missed? I did submit some of the frequencies for inclusion in the database a while back but they have yet to be added.

philcop

Philly Taxi

the freq you list for all city taxi is not currently in use for dispatch/ they on sunshine roxbo
ltr and are currently using 20-156 gid ch2 sometimes normal disp was base 20-150
and cabs 20- 100 to around 150 gids

Septa3371CSX1

Update

Here is an update on some of the frequencies for cabs in the Philadelphia Area.

City Cab and Reliable Dispatch - 220 ASCB LTR Passport System (mostly unmonitorable)
Olde City Taxi Association uses 3 860/815 repeater pairs as listed above.
Germantown Cab is dispatched by Medallion Radio Cab on a repeater on 452.400 with a 457.400 input and a PL tone of 71.9.
Crescent Cab is licensed 502.2875 base and 505.2875 mobile frequency pair with a 173.8 PL. There is not too much voice traffic on this pair. Please note as mentioned above, this is NOT a repeater so you will need both frequencies.
All City Taxi is licensed 151.520 as a simplex but uses the Sunshine Roxborough System for radio communications. The main dispatch is on 0-20-156 and they also have several other talkgroups on repeater 20.
Victory Cab and Yellow Cab at 1405 W. Pike Street have two frequencies. They use 452.625 base and 457.625 mobile with a PL Tone of 186.2 for the cabs. They use 463.375 base and 468.375 mobile with a PL Tone of 100.0 for their towncar (limo) services. Both of these frequency pairs are NOT repeaters so you will need both the base and the mobile to listen to this company.
Los Primos Car Service is one of the Spanish Towncar services in the Philadelphia. They use 152.300 base and 157.560 mobile. Not sure if this is a repeater or a regular duplex but they use a 91.5 PL.
Walsh Cab operates in the Jenkintown area and uses a repeater on 152.330 with a 157.590 input with a 71.9 PL.
152.405 base and 157.665 mobile are licensed to Norristown Yellow Cab. Can anyone confirm their use?
152.465 base and 157.725 mobile I've been able to pick up some Spanish on but it always comes in with a lot of noise. Any idea what this is?
Gonzalez Cab operating out of Camden, NJ is licensed 160.065 simplex, and 151.805 base with a 154.515 mobile. Haven't been able to monitor them quite yet but I have picked up some activity on these freqs.
There seems to be an illegal LTR system being operated and used by Capital Dispatch and Liberty Cab. These frequencies are licensed for conventional use but I'm always coming up with LTR talkgroups on these. 855.5375/810.5375 are licensed to Capital and 855.2625/810.2625 and 855.5125/810.5125 are licensed to Liberty. As I mentioned they are licensed for conventional use which is why I suspect an illegal trunk system.
Millinion Cab and Towncar Company operates in Northeast Philadelphia and uses the Sunshine Roxbo system with primary activity taking place on talkgroup 00-02-085.
Mainline Cab Company uses talkgroups on the Sunshine Roxbo System homed to repeater 09.
County Cab and Quaker City Cab share a dispatcher on 0-10-002 on the Sunshine System and have many talkgroups on repeater 10.
Philadelphia Coach Communications has their own cab numbering system independent of the P numbers on the cabs. They are on the Sunshine Roxbo system and use 0-14-002 for dispatch and other talkgroups on repeater 14 for the cabs.
Maxwell Cab Company uses talkgroups on repeater 18 of the Sunshine Roxbo system.
There is a cab company in South Jersey primarily operating in Camden and Gloucester Counties that uses talkgroups homed to repeater 19 on the Sunshine Roxbo system. This may be Camden Yellow Cab but I'm not sure.

These are the cab companies I do not have radio assignments for - New Look Cab Company (Sunshine Roxbo system), Northeast Taxi Association, NE Yellow cab, Chester City Cab Company, Bennet Cab Company, and Valley Forge Taxi (Sunshine Eagleville maybe?). There is a cab company dispatch on Mobile Comms conventional repeater 464.250 with a PL of 210.7. They appear to operate in the KoP and Exton areas.

shield1751

Premium Subscriber
I live right across the street from the Chester City Cab company...I know they are using VHF radios..not sure what freqs. Any Ideas....? 150? 220?

captaincab

monitoring delco pa with gre psr300 pro2053 and b
taxicab channels

wow ok i am wondering where septa got the info because no offense half of it is wrong i do not have the time tonight to correct it will do so by monday as the weekends are usually drivers like myselly busy for cabbies like myself but please septa may i ask where your info came from also capital and liberty are conventional one channel systems with company owned repeaters

Last edited:

captaincab

ok the following companies use sunshines system
mainline
allcity
philadelphia coach
quakercity/county cab

both philadelphia coach and all city have a internal numbering system besides p numbers

old city no longer uses channel 1 it is still licensed but is very very seldom used

capital and liberty do own their own conventional 1 channel repeater systems the other frequencies are not used to my knowledge

chester city cab and maxwell use nextels for communications

rosemont and germantown cab co share a repeater 2 different frequencies

newlook cab company is out of business

phl cab co does not have radios

reliable and bennet cab are one co and use sunshines system not a 220 am system as indicated before

city cab owns a 220 system yes but it can be monitored with the proper info

OFF-DUTY-369

Medallion Radio Cab and walsh cab

Medallion Radio Cab is actually Germantown cab co and ch1 is the voucher channal. You wont here much there unless a driver has problem or getting info on a voucher.

Walsh cab is actually Montco suburben cab and Concord taxi and reliable dispatch based in Glenside Pa.

captaincab

Medallion Radio Cab is actually Germantown cab co and ch1 is the voucher channal. You wont here much there unless a driver has problem or getting info on a voucher.

Walsh cab is actually Montco suburben cab and Concord taxi and reliable dispatch based in Glenside Pa.

medallion may be germantown cab co also they use to be penn cab co either way they are owned by rosemont cab in directly and share a repeater system with different frequencies but still have the ability if needed to talk to each other they also share germantown cabs shop on belfield ave.

w2xq

Mentor
Here is an update on some of the frequencies for cabs in the Philadelphia Area.
Victory Cab and Yellow Cab at 1405 W. Pike Street have two frequencies. They use 452.625 base and 457.625 mobile with a PL Tone of 186.2 for the cabs. They use 463.375 base and 468.375 mobile with a PL Tone of 100.0 for their towncar (limo) services. Both of these frequency pairs are NOT repeaters so you will need both the base and the mobile to listen to this company.

Good compilation. It appears to me that 463.375 PL 100 is repeating the towncar drivers. The signal is strong. I hear both sides of the conversation; there are a series of digital tones when the driver first answers dispatch. I'm some 35 air miles from Philadelphia, buried in a forest, and there is no way for me to hear mobile transmitters. I found the towncar operation when I was looking through some frequencies assigned to a regional high school district; I didn't check the cab base frequency. HTH.

Last edited:

phillydjdan

Don't set your mind on this being an image. Just because the FCC says that frequency is for a certain user, and has certain licenses issued on it doesn't mean that's the case. Business often setup shop on frequencies they aren't supposed to be on, so do some more investigating before you settle on it being an image. Maybe go for a drive and see if you still pick it up.

Heck, every morning and evening I pickup a scrap metal or trash business on Chester County's fire dispatch channel (it is CSQ) as I pass the Cottman Ave exit on 95. I searched high and low on the FCC database and there's nobody in that area licensed.

Sent using Android ForumReader app

pyledriver

Went for a drive. Definitely a cab company using 154.8725. Sounds like Olde City. Also a Montco outfit using 154.900. Anybody else know what's up?

phillydjdan

Any chance you're picking up a new splinter frequency that is slightly off? What I mean is, they've started licensing new frequencies with 5 digits after the decimal (eg 154.10625). If you tune to 154.105, you would likely pick that frequency up. Just a thought.

Sent using Android ForumReader app

Status
Not open for further replies.