Allegany County Bureau of Police - Did I miss something?

Status
Not open for further replies.

md_p97

Allegany County Bureau of Police Officer Jeff Fairley stands behind a former sheriff’s office car that has been repainted battleship gray with reflective lettering and the county bureau’s logo. Fourteen former Allegany County sheriff's deputies now wear the uniform of the Bureau of Police and patrol county roads in these patrol cars. Officers began conducting road patrols on Aug. 22 but didn’t have their patrol cars painted with their department logo until recently. The county commissioners believe the short-term costs associated with expanding the Bureau of Police will be outweighed by the long-term benefits of a cost-efficient management structure they felt wasn’t possible under Sheriff David Goad.
Steve Bittner / Cumberland Times-News

Attachments

• BofP.jpg
    BofP.jpg
    52 KB · Views: 3,279

kwrounds

Feed Provider
Bump!

Just a follow up......were there any changes to radio frequencies after all this took place? Sheriff's and County force using the same freq's?

The BOP is using TWR's Commercial LTR PassPort System right now...

Allegany County is switching to a new LTR PassPort system and all Emerg. Services should switch to this system. How long it will take for the new system to be up and running is any ones guess. The Dan's and Cumberland towers were placed online this past week (passport). The County needs 17 towers for 95% coverage and at this time only have 6 or 7 up and 4 approved for placement, but things are moving very slow. It is also unknown if the County will continue to broadcast over the old freqs, but were asked to cont. to use them for emerg. personnel so we can still pick up traffic on our home scanners. Scanners can not be programed to follow PassPort so hopfully a simulcast will be set up using old freqs.

wmbio

WHY?

Would Allegany county or any state government agency for that matter connect to a private LTR system owned by a local radio shop!?

What happens in a disaster and the LTR system is overloaded with CB traffic like the coal trucks and cement mixer trucks yapping on the system now?

kwrounds

Feed Provider
WHY?

Would Allegany county or any state government agency for that matter connect to a private LTR system owned by a local radio shop!?

What happens in a disaster and the LTR system is overloaded with CB traffic like the coal trucks and cement mixer trucks yapping on the system now?

That is a question that I have asked for some time. I don't like the passport system at all. Five years ago a saleman with TWR told the Fire Chiefs in this County to stay away from the Passport system...

Check out Thewatchdesk New County Radio System - Firefighter Forums @ The WatchDesk

wmbio

Has the frequencies been up loaded to the database? I see a license was issued in the related article in the post. Does anyone have the new 700 MHZ frequencies for Allegany county?

Last edited:

kwrounds

Feed Provider
Has the frequencies been up loaded to the database? I see a license was issued in the related article in the post. Does anyone have the new 700 MHZ frequencies for Allegany county?

I don't know anything about the 700 mhz freqs.

Status
Not open for further replies.