Systems in Saudi Arabia Some Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sudyal

Hello,
how you doin guys
like i said i'm poor information in scanning and these stuff maybe cause my english is poor :(
well, i got BC796D i like it
i tried to scan and i got some freq's for the airport and fire dept
but i can't listen to the police some guys here write the freq's that police work on it
i asked a Captin in Riyadh police he told me we are using Motorola and working from 71-73 Mhz :l
and he tell me some info the police used 6 freq's and the Traffic used 4 or 5
other thing in the police opreation they got a huge system he told me every mobile Motorola got an id if some one stole that Radio we can drop it from the system and he can't do anything with that Motorola
so he tell our system like the GSM Cell if you can listen to them u can listen to us :l how come ?
ok now how to know the right freq's and wich system they got and the base config and if they use APCO-25 or not many things i can't get it
other thing i asked him if it's illegal or not he told me no it's ok if it's listing only
that's the story any help any info ?
thanks guys

texasemt13

CenTex DBA
Premium Subscriber
Sudyal,

If you cannot find the frequencies published you can do a "search" for any frequencies active in your area. Here is the radioreference link to the wiki article for your scanner:
http://wiki.radioreference.com/index.php/BC796D

Halfway down the page you will see a link for a pdf of the Owner's Manual. In this manual you will find how to operate a "search" for frequencies in your area. If the information about the frequency range (71-73MHz) then try reading page 29 "Setting the Search Range" to focus in on that range. If they use what is called a "trunking system" (you can read more about those here: http://wiki.radioreference.com/index.php/Trunking) then you will need to read "Searching for Trunk Systems" on the same page.

Hope this helps, and remember to submit whatever information you find to the database by clicking the "submit" tab at the top of your locations database page.

WayneH

Forums Veteran
Super Moderator
This is an Area specific question. Please make note of the Stickied posts that tell you to read them before posting so you are aware of where to post your question. Thanks. Moved to the Asia forum.

Sudyal

Sudyal,

If you cannot find the frequencies published you can do a "search" for any frequencies active in your area. Here is the radioreference link to the wiki article for your scanner:
http://wiki.radioreference.com/index.php/BC796D

Halfway down the page you will see a link for a pdf of the Owner's Manual. In this manual you will find how to operate a "search" for frequencies in your area. If the information about the frequency range (71-73MHz) then try reading page 29 "Setting the Search Range" to focus in on that range. If they use what is called a "trunking system" (you can read more about those here: http://wiki.radioreference.com/index.php/Trunking) then you will need to read "Searching for Trunk Systems" on the same page.

Hope this helps, and remember to submit whatever information you find to the database by clicking the "submit" tab at the top of your locations database page.
thanks but how to know wich trunk they use ?

texasemt13

CenTex DBA
Premium Subscriber
Hmm...

http://www.uniden.com/pdf/BC796Dom.pdf

This link is the pdf to the manual. On page 45 it says how to program in a Motorola system. For Moto Type I and Tyoe IIi Hybrids you will need a fleet map supplied. It basically tells you how to do figure out which one it is by finding a control channel and then changing options until you finally trunk track the system.

Sudyal

thanks for the Reply
now if i wana scan for freq's i must turn the trunk on or off
i mean what's the steps to find it from a-z that's all
thanks

texasemt13

CenTex DBA
Premium Subscriber
Read the manual... I'm not going to try and learn this scanner for you when I don't even have one. There is the link to the instruction manual above... read it.

Sudyal

i read it but untill now i don't know wich system they use
other thing i heared a channel but is seems encoding really i dunno what's goin on
thanks

brandon

Database Admin
Hello
If you don't have the exact frequencies I would do a limit search between 71-73 MHz and see if you hear anything that sounds police related. If no luck you might want to search other frequency bands in the VHF(~136-225) and UHF(~400-500) ranges.

The manual might have a better explanation but here are brief steps on how to search
Press MENU and hit #1 on keypad
Hit UP ARROW to CHAIN SEARCH and press ENTER
Press #2 for SEARCH RANGE and hit ENTER to pick RANGE #1
Input your frequency range for lower and high
Finally to search the range just hit SEARCH button and it should scan the range (make sure #1 or whatever range number you selected is picked)

Also this post says the Saudi Arabia plans to switch to a trunking system in the future
http://www.radioreference.com/forums/showthread.php?t=115158
You might search there too but if it's TETRA there is no luck :(

Good luck and let us know what you find.

texasemt13

CenTex DBA
Premium Subscriber
hmm...

Sounds like a digital transmission but, clarify what you mean by "encoded." Encryption and Encoding are two similar but different things. I don't think this is encrypted but might be too far away to "decode" (the encoded digital transmission). I'm not used to listening to Uniden digital audio but it sounds similar to the r2d2 noise I hear when I'm on the fringe of a reception area for a digital system.

hoser147

thanks 147
but what's the RR ?

Radio Reference where we are. There is a search feature for the threads at the 2nd down dark bar from the top of the page, with Search on it., just use the drop down and type in your query, such as I did, I entered your country name and it shows past threads............Hoser

Sudyal

hello
guys i just did a chain search and i found some freq's
one of them is 448.3700 FM
but same problem i can't hear it ,, it's seems digital or something
cause while i'm looking to the screen i see FM and it's change to P25 and ENC
any info about that ?

wlmr

hello
guys i just did a chain search and i found some freq's
one of them is 448.3700 FM
but same problem i can't hear it ,, it's seems digital or something
cause while i'm looking to the screen i see FM and it's change to P25 and ENC
any info about that ?

If it's coming in solid, that ENC is a problem. It's the scanner indicating the P25 audio is encrypted. Nothing you can do about that.

Status
Not open for further replies.