Radio lookup Web site for Austrailia

Status
Not open for further replies.

radioaustralia

VIC Database Admin
Database Admin
Works well except for one tiny thing, when searching by frequency - (Registration > Frequency MHz) it returns all licenses with a fixed transmitter & receiver location but fails to list any of the area wide or ambulatory systems. This makes it very difficult when trying to cross check, you have to try dig them up using other search parameters.

There is also the Uniden frequency search, which was being supplied on a disc with most scanner purchases in the Dick Smith stores. It's pretty much just a few selected random frequencies from the ACMA database, an overwhelming portion of them are no longer useful.

In any case, here is the link: search_page

richardc63

Well the answer is to search by town or location, not by frequency. If you know your local base site finding the frequencies & licence owners is easy.

I use the ACMA database almost every day and I can't for the life of me understand why anyone would pay money for a CD or a book of frequencies. These are for suckers! ACMA's is free (well it isn't but it comes out of the licence fees...), it is virtually real time, and it has more technical data than any other facility offers.

Cheers,

Richard

ausscan

Premium Subscriber
I'm constantly using ACMA's listing, and I'm about 194 Pages into the entire Victoria site list, manually going through all the sites to find some interesting things to add to my scanner.

radioaustralia

VIC Database Admin
Database Admin
The application form indicates that the CD costs $114.40 - it wouldn't be a bad investment for those out in the field without the internet but it is rather costly. You would no doubt get your moneys worth, and if it's in .csv format you can easily port it into MySQL and make your own custom search page. (Of course it would have to be a local copy because the ACMA wouldn't like it published)

grant

The legal stuff is here

ACMA - Copyright notice

Copyright notice
© Commonwealth of Australia 2007

This material is copyright © Commonwealth of Australia, except where otherwise indicated. You may download, store in cache, display, print and reproduce the material in unaltered form only (retaining this notice, or links to it where they appear) for your personal, non-commercial use or use within your organisation. You may not deal with the material in a manner that might mislead or deceive any person.

Apart from any use as permitted under the Copyright Act 1968, all other rights are reserved. Requests for further authorisation should be directed to:

Commonwealth Copyright Administration
Attorney-General’s Department
3-5 National Circuit
BARTON ACT 2600

Tel: 02 6141 3300
Fax: 02 6241 3488

Email: commonwealth.copyright@ag.gov.au

Status
Not open for further replies.