Pro-2055 discontinued on sale

Status
Not open for further replies.

wcu02mpa

I just picked up a Pro-2055 for $79.97 at RS. Check your stores. It isn't digital but I have no digital in my area (yet). For $80 that is a heck of a deal. It was at a corporate store...not a independant dealer.

I already have one and use the WIN97; programs like a dream...especially from the RR site. I cannot imagine programming any scanner without WIN-software.

Mike

bwhite

Premium Subscriber
Just curious, there has been considerable discussion on some of the RS threads about certain date codes on these being lemons (I cannot recall which). Does anyone know if the ones on the shelf are OK? I'm interested too !

wcu02mpa

It gets better with F&F discount.

OK......Went back in today and I got the $79.97 down 30% more with the F&F discount. Official price now.....$56.00. The problem ones had a date code of 9AXX. I forget the complete number.

I am going back tomorrow and ordering a Pro-106.

FYI....pro-96 and 2096's are still available......F&F discount brings them to $265

Mike

GTR8000

NY/NJ Database Guy
Database Admin
Did they ever fix the blanking display problem with this model?

bwhite

Premium Subscriber
Did they ever fix the blanking display problem with this model?
I vaguely recall one or more past threads about this that will probably surface if you search, I may later. wcu02mpa mentioned the problem date code, I think the consensus was that if you get one with any other date you'd be ok.

Smerri

OK......Went back in today and I got the $79.97 down 30% more with the F&F discount. Official price now.....$56.00. The problem ones had a date code of 9AXX. I forget the complete number.

I am going back tomorrow and ordering a Pro-106.

FYI....pro-96 and 2096's are still available......F&F discount brings them to $265

Mike
$56.00 with a coupon. Why must they tempt me.

Grog

Completely Banned for the Greater Good
Banned
eBay sellers must be snatching these hard & quick. There are now several being listed on eBay starting at $99

Bet you many of those are by RS employees. That's why you guys should never call a store, as soon as an employee sees the new price they can snatch them up with their everyday 30% discount.

bwhite

Premium Subscriber
Just did some calling around for the 2055, only 2 places still had them, the price was still up in the $150 range. I told him that others had drastically reduced the price as noted in this thread but he said "we do tiered pricing", this is the price here. It will stay there at that price.

Last edited:

wcu02mpa

Pricing not uniform

I did some checking around and in our area.....three different stores had three different prices. The deal here is only 2 stores had any in stock. I got two more from the store I got the first one at and the other store matched the price on the three they had. Check this out.....I got six brand new Pro-2055's at $56 a piece.

Mike

GTR8000

NY/NJ Database Guy
Database Admin
All the places I called that still had them in stock said they were $150. I'd really love to know where this $79.97 price came from, maybe they mis-marked at the OP's store? Disappointing to say the least.

bwhite

Premium Subscriber
I did some checking around and in our area.....three different stores had three different prices. The deal here is only 2 stores had any in stock. I got two more from the store I got the first one at and the other store matched the price on the three they had. Check this out.....I got six brand new Pro-2055's at $56 a piece.

Mike
Good Stuff! I guess your are eBaying like crazy.

GTR8000

NY/NJ Database Guy
Database Admin
I expanded my search range a little, and sure enough, found a few for $79.97. I literally got 4 different prices quoted to me, these guys are all over the map from $79.97 to $83.97 to $159.97. Looks like I'll be making a road trip tonight!

icom1020

Premium Subscriber
I found one in the entire district for $139 not sure if company owned or franchise stores set their own prices. You'll need the sku# 20-428 to have them search for one.

Yeah, it's all over the board anywhere from $159 to $119 I saved one at a store and also asked about the F&F coupon and they're good to go with that.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.