Hamilton Fire Pagers

Status
Not open for further replies.

unlisted

So word is Hamilton Fire is getting rid of their VHF voice pagers within a year and are switching to alphanumeric pagers.. Does anyone have more info on this?

unlisted

Update: Don't know any more than this, but the change over is happening in the spring. Hopefully, it will be on a system like the TTC or TEMS...

unlisted

Update:

Hamilton Emergency Services just rolled out a new paging system. The alphanumeric pagers still work on VHF, but its now (or will be soon) switching to data only. (on the VHF channels) I am slightly surprised they did not roll this out on their current 800 mhz voice system, and just have this on a additional 800 mhz channel...

So, I will shortly be on the hunt for some radio programs that can decode pager data... Any suggestions?

Attachments

• IMG2053e.jpg
    IMG2053e.jpg
    29.3 KB · Views: 1,924
Last edited:

unlisted

Oh yes, the other word on the street is Hamilton PD and Fire (unsure on EMS) will both be on P-25 encrypted channels in about one year.. I can see the PD going, but the FD?

homerjay

Oh yes, the other word on the street is Hamilton PD and Fire (unsure on EMS) will both be on P-25 encrypted channels in about one year.. I can see the PD going, but the FD?

I herd this too from someone on tjhe Hamilton FD, however he also mentioned that it has been in the talk numerous times before so well see how this time pans out for them....

Chrome69

Premium Subscriber
I only see 154.25000 but that's simulcast Dispatch isn't it?What freq are where they using for paging?

unlisted

I only see 154.25000 but that's simulcast Dispatch isn't it?What freq are where they using for paging?

I am not sure, the pagers were "just" rolled out- not even sure if anyone other than officers (or) command staff have them yet. The chief said they were supposed to be up and running as of last night, but there were two calls last night, and nothing came through on the pager.

So maybe they are still setting something up in dispatch? All I know is the pagers are moving forward, and the vhf voice pagers will be offline soon.

wyldman

Looks like a standard POCSAG or Flex pager like the local depts here use.

Easily done with the right software,and a tapped radio. Will have to check it out tonight and see if it's live. :D

unlisted

It is apparently up and running, the test pages have been done, and the voice pagers have been turned off. (from what I am told) I would assume any firefighter that used a voice pager has a alpha pager now. (so vollie, support, etc)

No clue on the actual frequency- I only know the split as by whats on the back of the pager.

exkalibur

Premium Subscriber
Those pagers are hand-programmable. You could take the battery out, hold in the button that looks like it has a pause sign on it, put the battery back in...and assuming they haven't changed the default password (0000), you could scroll through and get the frequency, baud rate and capcodes.

unlisted

Those pagers are hand-programmable. You could take the battery out, hold in the button that looks like it has a pause sign on it, put the battery back in...and assuming they haven't changed the default password (0000), you could scroll through and get the frequency, baud rate and capcodes.

Hey thanks Exkal- I found those instructions online but I was kinda worried doing that may reset the programming..

Status
Not open for further replies.