UP Dispatcher numbers

Status
Not open for further replies.

Haley

Would anyone have, or be able to direct me to a listing of UP dispatcher numbers? I usually listen to dispatcher 19, but would like to see the areas covered by adjacent dispatchers. Any help would be appreciated, Mike

Scott_PHX_APP

Haley,
I only know of a few I hear on the Roseville, or East Sac feed on the railroadradio feeds. They are 57, 10, and 62. If you need to know more about them, let me know and I'll get you the link to the page that has their info. Also, I can tell you of DS 44 who runs the Phoenix Sub, and DS 42 that runs the Sunset route between Yuma and Tucson.
Later...

Haley

Thanks for the info! I cant believe I didnt put my geographic location in my first post ! I am in central Iowa, so I was looking more for a Midwest list-------although it would be great to have a system wide listing, as I do travel. Thanks , Mike

Scott_PHX_APP

Mike,
No problem, do you know about the Railroadradio feeds? If so you should look at the listings for the area(s) of intrest. If you haven't heard of that site, you need to check it out and it may help. Here is a link to the site. It's free and you can join the forums if you like or just listen to the feeds.
http://www.railroadradio.net/component/option,com_frontpage/Itemid,1/
That gets you to the main page. Have fun and a Merry Christmas...
Later...

Haley

Scott, thanks for the link--------there is a lot of cool stuff on there! Already got the Fargo feed going in the background. Thanks again, and you have a Merry Christmas also! Mike

Here in Omaha, they are--

DS 399-Council Bluffs Sub East of MP 17.4
DS 20-Council Bluffs Sub West of MP 17.4 to Grand Island, Ne
DS 50-Falls City Sub
DS 19-Boone Sub

BNSF speaks for itself. Dispatcher announces the Sub when answering the radio.

burner50

The Third Variable
Database Admin

DS 50-Falls City Sub
DS 19-Boone Sub

Spatcher 19 is from Missouri valley to Fairfax (cedar rapids) then From Cedar rapids east (IDK where his territory ends is spatcher 12.

Haley

Thanks Rich and Burner! I was curious, do you guys know how far North and South dispatcher 19s area goes? Mike

burner50

The Third Variable
Database Admin
Here is your answer, DS 19 covers east to west and vice-versa, doubt north and south, can you confirm this Burner?

19 doesnt cover north or south on the branch lines, spine line, or sioux city sub. Those are different.

He usually has his hands full from Mo Valley to Fairfax... Especially with the boone crew change point in the picture.

Haley

Thanks guys! That clears that up. So when I hear, usually a woman disp., on 160.8450 talking about the Buckeye siding ect. ,and further up North, would she also run West -East, and vice-versa ? Mike

KC0YNL

Thanks guys! That clears that up. So when I hear, usually a woman disp., on 160.8450 talking about the Buckeye siding ect. ,and further up North, would she also run West -East, and vice-versa ? Mike

No, dispatchers are only qualified on certain territories. The 19 desk only controls Fairfax to East Missouri Valley on the Clinton and Boone Subs. East of Fairfax towards Chicago is desk 12, west of the 19 territory is desk 20. The Branch dispatcher controls movements on the Oskaloosa, Jewell, Tara Subs and everything else in northwest Iowa. The dispatcher on 160.845 you hear is the North dispatcher (they don't use their number on the radio). They dispatch from Carlisle north to the Twin Cities on the Spine Line. Buckeye is just south of Iowa Falls, frequently used for meets.

Haley

Thank you Justin! That really clears it up---------its been driving me nuts to see if she would ever give a number. Now I know why. I have a couple of UP and C&NW timetables from the late 80s and early 90s, and after looking through them they do a pretty good job as far as figuring out the subs. At least they still seem to be pretty much the same. Thank you again , Mike

cipher66

ARTCC DB Manager
Database Admin
Anyone have any idea about the UP DS desks for the following subdivisions:

- Pana Subdivision
- Springfield Subdivision
- Jeff City Subdivision

Thanks in advance!

BigC801

DS 50-Falls City Sub
DS 19-Boone Sub

50 also has the trenton sub

tomfassett

Premium Subscriber
The Sunset Route across Arizona usually has dispatchers 44 and 45 (if I remember correctly). I remember seeing a UP dispatcher AOR (area of responsibility) map in Trains magazine a while back. I'll bet one of the railroad forums has a list from it somewhere. I know they discuss this on Trainorders but I am not a member there.

Tom F

399 also covers Columbus Sub, 4242, over into Kearney Sub, to around CPB 147-Grand Island, Ne. Monday through Friday. 8-5. Other times, DS 20 covers the same area.

While sitting in Grand Island we tone up 399 on 2424 to get a light out, it seems we wind up getting the Kearney DS and we have to tone up 399 on 3838. It's been an issue for a while out there.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.