Looking for San Gabriel Valley Humane freq

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mick

Is there a chance they contract with L.A. County?

http://www.radioreference.com/apps/db/?sid=341

They use these TG's:
1057 08-041 A ACC 1 Southeast Dispatch
1058 08-042 A ACC 2 West Dispatch
1059 08-043 A ACC 3 Southwest Dispatch
1060 08-044 A ACC 4 East Dispatch
1061 08-045 A ACC 5 Northeast Dispatch
1062 08-046 A ACC 6 Northwest Dispatch
1063 08-047 A ACC 7 Unit-to-Unit
1064 08-050 A ACC 8 Unit-to-Unit

Monterey Park Police Department, and Temple City have their own animal control officers, however, they use the SGVHS when the ACOS are off duty and during the nighttime. I know for a fact that the SGVHS have their own frequency and do not contract with L.A. County.

LBH

Try looking at the NSTN LA system, listed here on radioreference at http://www.radioreference.com/apps/db/?sid=5377. Look at the bottom of the page at TG 0-14-102.

I've listened to it and it sounds like them (animal control in the cities SGV Humane covers), but I haven't "officially" confirmed it.

Mick

I was wondering if you know the frq., are you not able to use a scanner to monitor them?

Monterey Park Police Department, and Temple City have their own animal control officers, however, they use the SGVHS when the ACOS are off duty and during the nighttime. I know for a fact that the SGVHS have their own frequency and do not contract with L.A. County.

Mick

AnimalControl626, do you know which Animal Control agency uses 45.98 88.5 Hz in the east end of Ventura County? Thanks in advance. I can't find an FCC license for them.

brandon

Database Admin
Could the user on 45.980 be Los Angeles County Animal Care and Control? I heard them give cross streets in Thousand Oaks and according to the city website that's who they contract with.

Mick

It could be L.A. County using their canceled/expired/terminated KEF967/KFR576/KFR578/KH9235/KSZ320/KUV684/WZT786 licenses. I hear them responding to calls in Thousand Oaks and Agoura Hills.

Last edited:
AnimalControl626, do you know which Animal Control agency uses 45.98 88.5 Hz in the east end of Ventura County? Thanks in advance. I can't find an FCC license for them.

Mick, if I'm not mistaking, the LA Co Animal Control uses the CWIRS County trunking system, si it couldn't be them, and the only other agency I can think of it Ventura County would be Ventura County Animal Regualtion:
Ventura County Animal Regulation
Unless, the city you are hearing them in has their own animal control agency, I will program the frequency you supplied me with and take a look.

I still haven't found the San Gabriel Valley Humane Freq. yet.

Mick

I don't know who the Animal Control people on 45.98 88.5 are and that's why I thought I'd ask. They respond to calls in East Ventura County and West Los Angeles County.

You may have missed post 7 above:
There's an Animal Control agency in San Gabriel on TG 014102 at this TRS:
Scanner Frequencies: National Science and Technology Network (Los Angeles) Trunking System, Los Angeles, California
It could be the same Animal Control agency in San Gabriel that you are looking for.

Mick, if I'm not mistaking, the LA Co Animal Control uses the CWIRS County trunking system, si it couldn't be them, and the only other agency I can think of it Ventura County would be Ventura County Animal Regualtion:
Ventura County Animal Regulation
Unless, the city you are hearing them in has their own animal control agency, I will program the frequency you supplied me with and take a look.

I still haven't found the San Gabriel Valley Humane Freq. yet.

I don't know who the Animal Control people on 45.98 88.5 are and that's why I thought I'd ask. They respond to calls in East Ventura County and West Los Angeles County.

You may have missed post 7 above:
There's an Animal Control agency in San Gabriel on TG 014102 at this TRS:
Scanner Frequencies: National Science and Technology Network (Los Angeles) Trunking System, Los Angeles, California
It could be the same Animal Control agency in San Gabriel that you are looking for.
Mick, I believe the mystery animal control agency you are hearing on 45.98 is the Ventura County Animal Regulations.

I'm not sure if the SGVHS uses the trunked system as described in post 7. I know that they work out of one frequency. I will put in that trunking system into my scanner to see who is using it, it may be Temple City's animal control on the trunking system.

LAflyer

Global DB Admin
Sorry to bring back this old thread. Heard several 10-count radio checks this morning on 45.98 PL88.5.
I also heard comment about how the reception was in Agoura

I kept monitoring and then later heard a rattle snake call off Kanan Road which runs from down on PCH in Malibu over the hills to the 101-Fwy, all which is in LA County.

As such I suspect this is indeed one the expired LA County licenses and used by the Animal Control folks in the area. Could very well be that the CWIRS system has coverage issues in the hills, so the old VHF-Lo ends up working better.

Edit – the more I think about it, this makes sense as the LA Dept of Public Works in Malibu Canyon area can be found the old County VHF radio (151.040), so obviously the CWIRS system has issues for them also in that area.

Last edited:

markclark

Premium Subscriber
Re: 45.98

Th CWIRS system provides lousy coverage in the Malibu Hills area; so AC still uses the old low band freq. 45.98 comes in loud and clear down here on the coast in S.E. L.A. county.

LAflyer

Global DB Admin
Thanks for that.

Someone else informed me that its the Agoura shelter facility which covers a big area from Woodland Hills to Westlake Village on the Valley side across the mountains down into Malibu is the one using 45.980.
This person also believed some of the other more remote shelters in Castaic and Antelope Valley also used VHF-Lo, but did not have a confirmed frequency/PL.

I updated the Db with 45.980/88.5PL showing Agoura for now.

Status
Not open for further replies.