mod question help

Status
Not open for further replies.

frank125

hello i would like to try the mod for the 500 that gives you more sound. the one where you use a thin wire or paperclip. i have read some threads on this, i dont want to mess this up so would someone have a picture or diagram so that i can do this without any problems. just want to be sure these are pricy little toys to ????? up. thanks for anyones help

hoser147

I use a fine hobby wire, twist it around the speaker wire jack (so it looks like a little hangmans noose) take the loose (other end) and go around the BNC jack and put the antenna back in place. Nothing to it really.

FJB2022

Premium Subscriber
hello i would like to try the mod for the 500 that gives you more sound. the one where you use a thin wire or paperclip. i have read some threads on this, i dont want to mess this up so would someone have a picture or diagram so that i can do this without any problems. just want to be sure these are pricy little toys to ????? up. thanks for anyones help

If can solder this worked great for me.

Attachments

• IMG_3046.jpg
    IMG_3046.jpg
    65.7 KB · Views: 374
  • IMG_3052.jpg
    IMG_3052.jpg
    52.5 KB · Views: 372

hoser147

Picture of exterior wire for mod.

picture.php

Last edited:

hoser147

Ya the earphone jack is restricted to only allow so many Db of sound, to protect your hearing. By shorting it opens up..there have been several threads on it in the past. If you do the "Paperclip" mod you can remove it and it will go back to the way it was. It works for GRE made scanners, but I also read here that it doesn't on Uniden models..

w9zro

Premium Subscriber
I am Assuming this will work for the pro 106 also :confused::confused::confused:

W9ZRO

hoser147

hoser147

Pro 106 It Works Fine, just done mine.

As a more direct answer to your question on if it will work with the Pro 106. I can tell you Yes it will, I now have mine running thru a RS non amplified speaker and it sounds Sweet....

w9zro

Premium Subscriber
As a more direct answer to your question on if it will work with the Pro 106. I can tell you Yes it will, I now have mine running thru a RS non amplified speaker and it sounds Sweet....

KEWL beans Hoser cant wait till I get home to try it :D:D:D:D:D:D

Status
Not open for further replies.