Louisiana Wireless Information Network (LWIN) Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

kevins669

Database Admin
The governing authority has adopted the name Louisiana Wireless Information Network, or LWIN, for the statewide 700/800 MHz P25 communications system.

As such, all references to the former name, "LATIE," should not be used, and will be updated on RadioReference on next touch.

This new thread will be the new home for LWIN discussion.

Edit: The original LATIE thread can be found using this link.

Last edited by a moderator:

shew

The governing authority has adopted the name Louisiana Wireless Information Network, or LWIN, for the statewide 700/800 MHz P25 communications system.

As such, all references to the former name, "LATIE," should not be used, and will be updated on RadioReference on next touch.

This new thread will be the new home for LWIN discussion.

a rip off of the arkansas version AWIN...but latie sounded like you were talking about a person instead of a radio system

kevins669

Database Admin
a rip off of the arkansas version AWIN...but latie sounded like you were talking about a person instead of a radio system

I would not say rip off...Just a way to be consistent with the neighboring states (MS included,) since they will be interconnected.

Either way, the system is shaping up to be very impressive.

-- Kevin

shew

i agree 100% everything sound so crisp and clear on the LWIN compared to the old statically 800 state system

ka5lqj

OhShep? Grrrr!

I came across this article in the GOHSEP newsletter (pages 8-9) about the system- including a coverage map.

http://www.ohsep.louisiana.gov/newsletters/GohsepNewsletter_Jan2009.pdf

Ok,

So I try to go over to the ohsep website to read the article. Well, it locks my computer in a Loading HELL. So, I try to close that window and go back to RR. Nope, not gonna let me. I tried reloading the RR page, nope. Well, long story short, I had to wind up hard booting the machine to unlock it. Maybe it's my computer, maybe not. Just thought I'd warn, y' all. For me it was a ohsh*t moment, LOL!

loumaag

Silent Key - Aug 2014
Ok,

So I try to go over to the ohsep website to read the article. Well, it locks my computer in a Loading HELL. So, I try to close that window and go back to RR. Nope, not gonna let me. I tried reloading the RR page, nope. Well, long story short, I had to wind up hard booting the machine to unlock it. Maybe it's my computer, maybe not. Just thought I'd warn, y' all. For me it was a ohsh*t moment, LOL!
It's your computer. I had no trouble doing it the first day it was posted nor just now. Indeed I thought it was interesting enough to copy and hang on to.

shew

terrebonne 800mhz digital

i just started hearing today 866.150, 866.700, 868.8875, old dispatch channels now in digital mode simulcasting terrebonne s.o. ch.1 and some houma p.d.simulcasting from the lwin system...these freqs. are not part of the lwin trunking system....what would be the purpose of this...i'm thinking maybe media now only have to buy the cheaper version of digital scanner to pick this up....any other suggestions

shew

the 3 800mhz above are now part of the theriot lwin tower...i found it doing a 700mhz search..will post the frequencies in data base

loumaag

Silent Key - Aug 2014
...what would be the purpose of this...i'm thinking maybe media now only have to buy the cheaper version of digital scanner to pick this up....any other suggestions
There is no "cheaper" version in regard to digital scanners. All scanners capable of decoding P25 CAI are trunking scanners. Bells and whistles make up the differences between models, but all of them are in the $500 range.

kevins669

Database Admin
There is no "cheaper" version in regard to digital scanners. All scanners capable of decoding P25 CAI are trunking scanners. Bells and whistles make up the differences between models, but all of them are in the $500 range.

Even though he found out the purpose of those channels, there is no way a munincipality would keep an entire system alive just for the media...

And while we veered slightly from LWIN discussion here, I will veer a little more, in saying that the new Uniden 396XT works very well with LWIN. I highly recommend this unit as well as the GRE/RS models.

This uniden has a size advantage, as well as a completely different memory configuration.

Either way, a great buy.

-- Kevin

-- Kevin

INDY72

Monitoring since 1982, using radios since 1991.
LWIN Bellvue Site

If anyone in Bossier Parish has the capability would love confirmation of this LWIN site-
Bellvue-
WQJX287

kevins669

Database Admin
If anyone in Bossier Parish has the capability would love confirmation of this LWIN site-
Bellvue-
WQJX287

None of those are going to be the CC, I am pretty sure of. Those are probably extra voice channels.

There is a CC in the DB from someone's neighbor list... And it was wrongly ID'd as Ringgold by a submitter. I corrected it.

- Kevin

teebee

LWIN Sites in Progress

I notice on the LWIN Database page the MAP of different site locations. There are a few sites that are showing in progress. Does anyone have any information on the sites that show to be in progress listed on the coast of Vermillion Parish and the one that is in Lafayette area posted next to the current site in Lafayette. Just wondering if they are live yet and if so what is the Control Chanels for those sites. I don't see any info in the LWIN database for the two sites. I do know that the Theriot site is still showing in progress but it is live and listed in the DB.

kevins669

Database Admin
Well, anything in the DB that has a control channel is on. That map is over a year old, too. A lot has changed since then.

Any in-progress or planned sites are always up for a change, as well. So, some of those on that map may have been moved, or even eliminated.

I think the only site on the gulf coast in Verm is in Pecan Island, and is not built yet. The one near Lafayette is in Scott, and may not be on yet, either.

-- Kevin

KC5AJP

Premium Subscriber
I posted the map that is on the LWIN page. If you go to Louisiana's Interoperability website, this is the most current map. Also most of the information I get is from this site. On the homepage is the link for the map and if you click the meeting tab then there is also very interesting reading. Enjoy, Louisiana Interoperability

Status
Not open for further replies.