HART Bus Encrypted??

Status
Not open for further replies.

transitman

HART Bus in Danbury used 452.50 and 452.80 for communications. Using a Pro-106, a buzzing sound was heard on both frequencies. Has HART gone the encrypted route or are they using new frequencies? The FCC database lists one license for HART with the two frequencies shown above. Anyone have updated information?

KB1JHU

I doubt they would have gone encrypted. They could have a problem at the transmitter site. Make a short recording of the noise and post it. Analog encryption usually just sounds like static/white noise.

transitman

Unfortunately I do not live in Connecticut so a recording of the "buzz' is not possible. I heard the same buzz on the Norwalk Transit District 471,2125 frequency using a Pro-164. When I entered that frequency on my Pro-106, conversations were heard and a NAC tone of 162 was displayed. After arriving in Danbury, the buzz tone was heard on the Pro-164 and continued after entering the two HART frequencies on the Pro-106.

MarkB513

When I lived in the area (about 6-7 years ago) the Heart Buses (Housatonic Regional Transit) weren't using those frequencies at all.

Try 452.725 (PL 203.5) and 452.825 (PL 179.9) and I think you will have better luck.

Cskib32087

They are the same as New Milford Hospital. Motorola Trbo UHF Digital. No way to listen to it. Its TDMA.

cg

Premium Subscriber
The frequencies in the first post (from 2009) are still licensed to HART. If they are not active, I would suggest trying the 700MHz statewide trunked system.

chris

N1SQB

Premium Subscriber
I don't understand!

Can someone explain to me, in a way that makes sense, why a bus system like say Norwalk for example HAS to be on P25 digital? What is the NEED? Police/Fire/EMS systems ok but a local bus system? I'm just trying to understand WHY p25 digital....

Manny

firerick100

Premium Subscriber
Can someone explain to me, in a way that makes sense, why a bus system like say Norwalk for example HAS to be on P25 digital? What is the NEED? Police/Fire/EMS systems ok but a local bus system? I'm just trying to understand WHY p25 digital....

Manny
Probably had a lot of money to spend. Lol

APX7500X2

Hart bus has been MotoTrbo for years
Norwalk transit is P25 because they get better coverage in digital than analog.

N1SQB

Premium Subscriber
Hart bus has been MotoTrbo for years
Norwalk transit is P25 because they get better coverage in digital than analog.

Ok Thanks APX, I knew about Hartford but not Norwalk.At least there is some good reasoning behind it. So many agencies nowadays are buying into the /\/\ story " you NEED P25 , you NEED new digital radios etc. But if they really did need them, I'm happy for them!

Manny

Karl-NVW

If the transit company has a critical role in the area's disaster response plan, they often are included in the mandatory State Communications Interoperability Plan. That in turn makes them eligible for federal grants or matching money for equipment and system maintenance, all of which is usually provided by the state on their wide-area networks for better coverage and economies of scale. Blame Congress for setting up programs that redistribute your tax dollars back to your local area public safety forces.

Status
Not open for further replies.