• To anyone looking to acquire commercial radio programming software:

Please do not make requests for copies of radio programming software which is sold (or was sold) by the manufacturer for any monetary value. All requests will be deleted and a forum infraction issued. Making a request such as this is attempting to engage in software piracy and this forum cannot be involved or associated with this activity. The same goes for any private transaction via Private Message. Even if you attempt to engage in this activity in PM's we will still enforce the forum rules. Your PM's are not private and the administration has the right to read them if there's a hint to criminal activity.

If you are having trouble legally obtaining software please state so. We do not want any hurt feelings when your vague post is mistaken for a free request. It is YOUR responsibility to properly word your request.

To obtain Motorola software see the Sticky in the Motorola forum.

The various other vendors often permit their dealers to sell the software online (i.e., Kenwood). Please use Google or some other search engine to find a dealer that sells the software. Typically each series or individual radio requires its own software package. Often the Kenwood software is less than $100 so don't be a cheapskate; just purchase it.

For M/A Com/Harris/GE, etc: there are two software packages that program all current and past radios. One package is for conventional programming and the other for trunked programming. The trunked package is in upwards of $2,500. The conventional package is more reasonable though is still several hundred dollars. The benefit is you do not need multiple versions for each radio (unlike Motorola).

This is a large and very visible forum. We cannot jeopardize the ability to provide the RadioReference services by allowing this activity to occur. Please respect this.

Motorola HT1000 Programming Guide

Status
Not open for further replies.

SCPD

QRT
Still nice to see, hard work was put into it. For people who have ever done it before will surely help.

terminus

Yeah, I was gonna say that too. Why not just post a link to the Motorola HT/JT/Visar RSS radio programming manual and save yourself some tedious work?

I don't know where that is, can you pm me info? I searched (I thought) very diligently.

I just found the mtsx RSS manual tonight, maybe I should have looked harder.

terminus

I don't know where that is, can you pm me info? I searched (I thought) very diligently.

I just found the mtsx RSS manual tonight, maybe I should have looked harder.

A few folks PM'd me saying the MTSX software will program the HT1000s and thus the guide I wrote was superflous. I'd like to refer you all to these screenshots:

rss-001.jpg

and

mtsx-001.jpg

The HT1000 rss and the MT2000 are entirely two different things and "neither the twain shall meet" ...

terminus

You can buy user manuals from ebay often, I bought my last 2 there. Secondly the programming manual comes with the licensed software package. I've never seen a programming manual for sale otherwise. I wrote the programming guide and if there is something not clear let me know and I'll try to add it into the guide.

FFPM571

Premium Subscriber
The programming guide can be found on the Motorola Online website. You have to have an account but its free in the download section

Nasby

Very nice guide!
Can someone explain what the "alignment" feature for RX and TX does in the F2 menu?
Also, is there a way to lower the squelch setting thru the RSS?
Thx in advance.

terminus

Hello! I've been away a long time, just wanted to see how it's been going. Life has conspired to keep me away from here. I'm hoping to spend more time on the forum for awhile again.

Nasby

I just want to say a big THANK YOU to Terminus for putting together this guide. I am constantly using his guide to aquaint myself with programming my new HT1000.
Great Job!!!

terminus

aww, shucks

Hi!

Very Welcome! I need to update it too, but haven't had a chance to. I really love these radios, I wanted to give back something as well. I wish Motorola would lighten up on providing the RSS and more documentation to the end-of-life models, they'd be surprised at how much good will would be generated by that, and in return folks would be fanatic in supporting the company as well. I hope it helps everyone!

Thanks

me.

JC0628

Ht1000

Hi, I'm a little new at this but, I'm getting a "RIB Port communication Unsuccessful. " It's telling me the probable causes are; TSR Backround program interference, Temporary high noise/traffic level. Does anyone know how to fix this?

Status
Not open for further replies.