• To anyone looking to acquire commercial radio programming software:

Please do not make requests for copies of radio programming software which is sold (or was sold) by the manufacturer for any monetary value. All requests will be deleted and a forum infraction issued. Making a request such as this is attempting to engage in software piracy and this forum cannot be involved or associated with this activity. The same goes for any private transaction via Private Message. Even if you attempt to engage in this activity in PM's we will still enforce the forum rules. Your PM's are not private and the administration has the right to read them if there's a hint to criminal activity.

If you are having trouble legally obtaining software please state so. We do not want any hurt feelings when your vague post is mistaken for a free request. It is YOUR responsibility to properly word your request.

To obtain Motorola software see the Sticky in the Motorola forum.

The various other vendors often permit their dealers to sell the software online (i.e., Kenwood). Please use Google or some other search engine to find a dealer that sells the software. Typically each series or individual radio requires its own software package. Often the Kenwood software is less than $100 so don't be a cheapskate; just purchase it.

For M/A Com/Harris/GE, etc: there are two software packages that program all current and past radios. One package is for conventional programming and the other for trunked programming. The trunked package is in upwards of $2,500. The conventional package is more reasonable though is still several hundred dollars. The benefit is you do not need multiple versions for each radio (unlike Motorola).

This is a large and very visible forum. We cannot jeopardize the ability to provide the RadioReference services by allowing this activity to occur. Please respect this.

Looking for help programming xts3000 p25 system

Status
Not open for further replies.

wv8mat

Premium Subscriber
I am not sure what forum this should be in but i will try it here. i bought a moto xts3000 uhf radio. here in west virginia we have a state wide uhf p25 trunking system and i would like to put that info into my radio. if you goto the database and click WVIRP (West Virginia Inteterop Radio) you will find all the freq for it. I was wondering if and one would have some time to explain or maybe even do the codeplug if i would send mine. i have my convental channels programmed with no problems.

thanks

Josh

99% of XTS3000 radios don't do P25 trunking at all and can't without a special revision of the firmware and, of course, be flashed for it.

What specs are your radio, in terms of Host/DSP and flash-code?

Second, programming the radio for P25 trunking won't allow for monitoring the system without affiliation. Further, there are issues with programming stemming from the system key file.

Your best bet, if you choose to use the XTS3k, is to program the system frequencies conventionally for each tower with digital CSQ option set for RX and scan it that way. You won't miss anything, but you won't know what you are listening to. This is what I had to do with my XTS3k because it didn't support 9600 P25 trunking

trunk2way

If you want to listen to 9600 P25 trunking, might as well get yourself a good digital scanner. Or you could try with a XTS2500. It's much cheaper than the XTS5k

kb9sxk

99% of XTS3000 radios don't do P25 trunking at all and can't without a special revision of the firmware and, of course, be flashed for it.

What specs are your radio, in terms of Host/DSP and flash-code?

Your best bet, if you choose to use the XTS3k, is to program the system frequencies conventionally for each tower with digital CSQ option set for RX and scan it that way. You won't miss anything, but you won't know what you are listening to. This is what I had to do with my XTS3k because it didn't support 9600 P25 trunking

I would get a second opinion....It is a very common option

You do have permission to do this right?

Otherwise...get a scanner

C138NC

Tactical Taco Consumer
I am not sure what forum this should be in but i will try it here. i bought a moto xts3000 uhf radio. here in west virginia we have a state wide uhf p25 trunking system and i would like to put that info into my radio. if you goto the database and click WVIRP (West Virginia Inteterop Radio) you will find all the freq for it. I was wondering if and one would have some time to explain or maybe even do the codeplug if i would send mine. i have my convental channels programmed with no problems.

thanks

I would say to be safe, its going to be impossible if someone shared the codeplug, flashcode and all for your radio unless your a WV public safety official and all :D best bet is to just get a digital scanner to keep yourself from getting a nasty zap on your radio by the radio system admin or the FCC once they send out an ultra high frequency "what i was told if you screwed up bad" since xts3000's are $4,000 each. Had one unit stolen and we zapped it and it was paper weight.

Or here is option 2, if you just want o listen and the xts3000 has 12 zones and 16 channels each, you could probably just get the RX frequencies only but if WV has the P25 system in place, the shop wont do it nor the admin will grant permission :D save the time and money and find a nice digital scanner

K8TEK

Completely Banned for the Greater Good
Banned
XTS3000s are about $600 now. I don't know where you got the $4,000 figure from. Maybe when they were new, but like a car they depreciate in value. Secondly, the FCC does not have the ability to "zap" a rouge radio. It would be up to the system admin to do this to a radio.

C138NC

Tactical Taco Consumer
XTS3000s are about $600 now. I don't know where you got the $4,000 figure from. Maybe when they were new, but like a car they depreciate in value. Secondly, the FCC does not have the ability to "zap" a rouge radio. It would be up to the system admin to do this to a radio.

600 for the xts? im still hearing they are 4,000 unless its the 800mhz ones because thats what my department has but i guess the price may vary on model and system.

fineshot1

600 for the xts? im still hearing they are 4,000 unless its the 800mhz ones because thats what my department has but i guess the price may vary on model and system.

The OP is talking about an "XTS3000" not an "XTS5000". The XTS3000 has not been made in many years.
I have two of them, a K split and R split and they are good radios but have limitations by today's standards.

C138NC

Tactical Taco Consumer
The OP is talking about an "XTS3000" not an "XTS5000". The XTS3000 has not been made in many years.
I have two of them, a K split and R split and they are good radios but have limitations by today's standards.

thats what im saying, since NC is moving into the viper system, each of the xts3000 is still 4,000 a piece if im reading the fine print unless they are 600.00 but eh... cant always be to sure but the price is out there

FFPM571

Premium Subscriber
I would say to be safe, its going to be impossible if someone shared the codeplug, flashcode and all for your radio unless your a WV public safety official and all :D best bet is to just get a digital scanner to keep yourself from getting a nasty zap on your radio by the radio system admin or the FCC once they send out an ultra high frequency "what i was told if you screwed up bad" since xts3000's are $4,000 each. Had one unit stolen and we zapped it and it was paper weight.

Or here is option 2, if you just want o listen and the xts3000 has 12 zones and 16 channels each, you could probably just get the RX frequencies only but if WV has the P25 system in place, the shop wont do it nor the admin will grant permission :D save the time and money and find a nice digital scanner

Once again giving out information that is incorrect.. You know alot about the FCC and the cost of radios ?

kotaguchi

Premium Subscriber
Cost of a XTS3000 Model III these days are from $300.00 to $700(higher price versions are "FLASHWHORED" loaded with options versions) and I have seen XTS5000 Model III P25 versions for $600 and up for used units and to $1,500 for new units on Ebay.

MOTOROLANUT

Wvirp

Sell your XTS3000 and buy a digital scanner...Forget about buying a XTS2500 or 5000 as you can only scan 16 channels anyways. Unless you are a LEO or FD here in WV the systems administrators (key holders) won't allow you on the WV system and eventually you run the risk of having your radio bricked. The money you get for the sale of your XTS depending on the model will be close to what you will pay for a nice digital scanner $400-$500.

Digital Scanners such as Uniden, Radio Shack (GRE) will allow you to monitor the entire WVIRP system.
Depending on how much you travel of course across WV and you will be much happier in the end.

C138NC

Tactical Taco Consumer
Once again giving out information that is incorrect.. You know alot about the FCC and the cost of radios ?

Ok maybe my sources are different but do you have to be that negative? if you have more knowledge :D then ill shut up about it and never come back here again... to this thread

wv8mat

Premium Subscriber
ok my county in west virginia uses uhf reapters in the daily operations. the only reason i was asking if the wv uhf system could be put into it is because i dont like having a butt load off stuff in my car. i do have permission for the freqs for our county to be placed in a radio for me to use because i work for the county ems and on a vol fire dept in the county.

immelmen

Matt, FYI...the XTS3000 does not support OBT P25 9600 trunking regardless of flashcode/firmware, so dont let anyone sell you one saying it does. 800MHz is the only P25 trunking any 3000 can do. The 2500/5000 will be needed for that system.

MOTOROLANUT

Xts3000

I have to agree with immelmen, the XTS3000 with not work with the WVIRP P-25 9600 system.
Thats why its NOT an approved radio for system use by the WVIRP system governance board IWP in Charleston

If you have permission from your Mason County 911 Director, Radio Advisory Board, Agency Head, Whoever. It will work on your conventional UHF channels listed in the RR Database for Fire, EMS and Law Enforcement. So you should have no problem with a hardware/system usage there.

wv8mat

Premium Subscriber
i use it everyday on our conventional stuff, i just thought maybe it would do our WVIRP system, i have never gotten in to the trunking system or know much about it other than when the state is done is will be nice.....

thanks to all for the help

wv8mat

Premium Subscriber
i switched from a ht1250 to this xts3000 and love it. i just wish that i could get the irp on it. i hate having a bunch of radios to only use one or two channels. all the surrounding counties are vhf and we are uhf, and irp is trunking p25. maybe i will one day invent a radio that covers everything at a price we can all afford.

Status
Not open for further replies.