Questions about Muscatine

Status
Not open for further replies.

ia_teacher

Hi

I am hoping someone on here can help me out. Hopefully someone in the Muscatine area. I just purchased a GRE PSR 500. There was a delay in shipping it, so the guy programmed it for me for free. However, I notice something odd -- the frequency that he put in for my police dept. (which I double checked on this web site) so far has had NO traffic, but the frequency he put in for the Fire Dept. is carrying Police conversations... Have they switched frequencies or are they all using the same one??

Thanks

Eric Y

Muscatine

stummej

yup sounds like the database is wrong, if you wanted to submit the changes so others can have this on their scanner too ;)

ia_teacher

Thanks for checking on that for me. I submitted the changes. I thought something was wrong and just tonight I realized it again when I just heard a medical call on the frequency that was listed as PD. I change the tags and LED color on my scanner too, so it's right!

Thanks again

Eric

owenmcc1

Feed Provider
Did you get the right frequencies?

Muscatine FD & PD:

Muscatine County Sheriff's Office:

Muscatine County - Rural Fire Channel

And yes, the Muscatine public safety channels are Motorola Digital, I can't remember what exact system it is, I'm thinking Astro.

The county channels are Analog however.

--------------------------------

Owen C. McCormick
Muscatine, Iowa USA

owen(underscore)mccormick(at)live(dot)com (replace the proper characters)

emtcasey

Premium Subscriber
fire page

Michael, I know i'm way behind on this, but that frequency hasn't been used by MUSCOM or Muscatine Fire & EMS for years. You should update your frequencies.

that frequency (154.250) is still vaild. They use it to page out south fire. I also think when the FD gets away from the digital in the next couple of months, that is the channel they will be using. Not 100% sure but guessing since they already have it why not use it.

casey

Status
Not open for further replies.