Frederick County

Status
Not open for further replies.

BigDaddy419

Does anyone have or know where to get the fire tone out list for Frederick County fire stations? It would be greatly appreciated.

ka3jjz

Wiki Admin Emeritus
Since they aren't in the wiki, you will need to do some homework. You didn't say anything about what you are trying to program or use (a Uniden DMA scanner, pager, ect.) but there are some tips - and some links to software you can use that doesn't necessarily need a scanner capable of responding to FTOs) here...(anything in blue is a link)

Fire Tone Out - The RadioReference Wiki

73 Mike

BigDaddy419

I knew I forgot something in my origional post. I have a BCD 396T. I really only need FTOs for Co.'s 10, 30, 11, and 24. I was hoping I could find them on the internet, but no luck. I looked at some of the decoder software, but I wasn't sure how it tells you what tone goes with what fire co. I'm sure this is a dumb question you get alot, but they say if you don't ask, you'll never know. Thanks in advance.

ka3jjz

Wiki Admin Emeritus
Dunno - I'm not in Frederick. Hopefully someone from that area will jump in here 73 Mike

[edit] A little thought here - one package allows for unattended recording, another can email you - there's a couple of possibilities here. You could, for example, be listening at certain times with a second scanner, let the software do the emailing, note the times when the companies you want to get are dispatched, and match that to the date/time stamp of the emailed file. You're going to need to do some digging and research, if no one steps up. I would bet most Chiefs would be rather uncomfortable (and may not even know) the tones for the companies you want. Perhaps talking to a friendly tech at the radio shop?

Last edited:

BigDaddy419

Thanks for all the info. and help. At least I have a better direction to go than I had before. Again thanks, I appreciate it.

ka3jjz

Wiki Admin Emeritus
Know any hams? I would bet a few of them might be interested in a research project - after all you can't listen all the time, nor can you always respond to every email. Remember they don't have to have a DMA scanner for this - in fact, the 153 mhz paging frequency (which I think is what you would want to monitor) is well within the receive range of most modern 2 meter transceivers.

Old Deutsch proverb (everyone says 'Pennsylvania Dutch', but they aren't - a whole 'nother story there...) many hands makes heavy work light.

Think about it 73 Mike

BigDaddy419

I just have one more question, will any type of tone decoder work or does it have to be a specific two-tone decoder?

Again thanks for all the useful help and info.

ka3jjz

Wiki Admin Emeritus
Dunno about that one. However since there's free software (Audacity) that can do the job (and maybe others, too) it doesn't hurt to try 73 Mike

dbixlerjr

Premium Subscriber
Frederick County Alert Tones

quiz77rich would you be willing to share the list with me as well?

Hoseman292

Frederick County FTO

I'm sure there is a list out there. I had it not too long ago.
I have since lost some of my documents and here this evening hoping someone will
attach a current selective calling tone list.

Any assistance would be greatly appreciated.

Hoseman292

I've had it stored i my ipad documents before cracking the glass . I'll check with one of my friends to determine if he still has a copy. If I recall correctly from the list I had Tone A was common for each station. the best app I've found to decode and display two- tone pairs (QUIK CALL II) is a .99 cent app from the play store or .ios app store called RADIO ID. It uses the microphone in an ipad or android tablet to
monitor each pair of tones in real time and store them until the app is refreshed.
I'll post it once I recieve something from my friend.

Hoseman292

frederick County MD FIRE SELECTIVE CALL LIST / FTO

ask and you shall receive Frederick County,MD fire TONE out tone chart.

RX: 153.84500 Tone: CSQ

Attachments

• frederick Tone Chart.jpg
    frederick Tone Chart.jpg
    131.1 KB · Views: 315
Last edited:

Hoseman292

Try this list for frederick

From what i've been told it's authentic.
I'm in montgomry and havn't have not had a chance to log frerick's seleltive calling

Attachments

• frederick Tone ChartB.jpg
    frederick Tone ChartB.jpg
    144.3 KB · Views: 217
Status
Not open for further replies.