GO Transit - different TGIDs

Status
Not open for further replies.

pathalogical

Anyone listening to GO ? Some different TGIDs are in constant use - 101, 102, 103, 104...not in the DB. Usual chit-chat about traffic, passengers etc. But none of my alpha tagged stuff is showing up - lakeshore, milton and willowbrook yard which is always active. All comms seem to be on these four IDs. No changes to my radio, sooo, some kinda testing going on ???

KE7JFF

I was monitoring the GO system all week when I was in town and the only non tagged activity was the Private Calls that CSAs were making.

mciupa

Database Admin
Saw 101 and 102 used a lot tonight.

Could have something to do with the new Niagara Falls weekend only service commencing tomorrow.

KE7JFF

With regards to Niagara, I did hear them doing testing on the 050 talk group. I'll dig through my logs in a second.

EJB

20 + year membership
Premium Subscriber
I was in Mississauga earlier today and noticed that Talkgroups were 101, 102, etc.

I also read that the Niagara GO train is now in service today. They should have new towers and talkgroups I guess.

I will see what I hear.

BTW- In Malton, which GO tower would I be getting?

E

VA3DBJ

Ontario Database Admin
Database Admin
This is what I have so far.. This is still only preliminary..

101 - Hamilton - USBC - Niagara
102*- Milton
103 - ??
104*- Oshawa

* means that the channel name was actually used.

Last edited:

moviesean8071

Last night, Saturday June 27, on Talkgroup 103 I heard a driver discussing picking up passengers in Sutton, Keswick, and Jackson's Point.

VA3DBJ

Ontario Database Admin
Database Admin
I have updated that TG to Barrie.

101 - Hamilton - (Hamilton Clarkson Port Credit Niagara Union Station)
102*- Milton - (Streetsville Milton Richmond Hill)
103 - Barrie - (Barrie Keswick Beaverton Yorkdale York Mills)
104*- Oshawa - (Oshawa Bowmanville Newcastle Oshawa VIA)

Seems like they have cut the channels down so the the supervisors can manage better. The locations in brackets are the location mentioned on the TG's. The * indicates that the channel was specifically named. Hamilton and Barrie is assumed at this point.

They just mention the West Channel.. I am assuming that is 101 the old Hamilton channel. They are still in transition it seems not only TG's by also channel names.

Last edited:

VA3DBJ

Ontario Database Admin
Database Admin
103 has just been ID'd as NORTH channel. Old Newmarket/Barrie channel.

I also just heard that the old channels are all group patched to the new channels during the transition. Up until this afternoon, they were referencing the old channels and then this afternoon, they started mentioning North and West channels.

Last edited:

pathalogical

I was in Mississauga earlier today and noticed that Talkgroups were 101, 102, etc.

I also read that the Niagara GO train is now in service today. They should have new towers and talkgroups I guess.

I will see what I hear.

BTW- In Malton, which GO tower would I be getting?

E

The Toronto site should get ya all the GO. It covers from Oakville to Ajax according to the DB map. BTW, Peel homicide seems to be quite busy this year, guess your scanner ain't gonna be hurtin' for any action !!! Ya might need a few more radios just to keep up !

EJB

20 + year membership
Premium Subscriber
The Toronto site should get ya all the GO. It covers from Oakville to Ajax according to the DB map. BTW, Peel homicide seems to be quite busy this year, guess your scanner ain't gonna be hurtin' for any action !!! Ya might need a few more radios just to keep up !

Ya, sadly there was another murder in what will be my new area, :-(. I am south of where it hapenned.

VE3RADIO

Ya, sadly there was another murder in what will be my new area, :-(. I am south of where it hapenned.

Yup.. Malton is rough.. on the other hand its the last place in Mississauga where you can buy a semi-detached house for under 250k..

terryg1

Sounds like GO is adding three more sites. Monitored this past weekend... Can't hear Fonthill or Cambridge anymore tonight. Don't live near Peterobrough. Maybe shut down?

414.8875 (01AC-106) - TAFL shows Peterborough
413.9375 (01AC-107) - TAFL shows Fonthill, ON
412.2875 (01AC-108) - TAFL shows Cambridge, ON

New TG 300 (sounded like parking tickets?)

101 was called "West South Ops" by dispatcher. Heard "North and East Ops" as well.

Good finds everyone!

EJB

20 + year membership
Premium Subscriber
Yup.. Malton is rough.. on the other hand its the last place in Mississauga where you can buy a semi-detached house for under 250k..

Its a good thing we are a rough family
:)

Owning a house?
Novel concept.
Lol

VA3DBJ

Ontario Database Admin
Database Admin
I have TG 102 tagged as GOCENTRAL for now. I have heard two references to Central and South, so for the time being I though GOCENTRAL was appropriate for now.

I also had 5 hits for 105 yesterday morning. So there maybe some more adjustments coming.

mjf

Premium Subscriber
TG 107 also heard on Monday but didn't catch anything useful as it was a quick conversation.

--
Mike

VA3DBJ

Ontario Database Admin
Database Admin
TG 112 came up today. Tech reporting Walkers Line QEW reporting Site #5 (Niagara) and then Waterdown. QEW and Bunkers Line. Signal (RSSI) checks all the way down to Niagara.

It seems like Site 5 Niagara is the Fonthill tower as per the Techs convo. They also stated that Waterdown and Niagara were coming up as simulcast on their radios.

Last edited:

terryg1

I also heard TG144 on Site 7 from Oakville.

The tech said he was powering off the site again. It sounds like the Niagara site (Site 5) is off the CN tower and reusing frequencies from the Hillsburgh site.

Site 7 is a completely different site (Fonthill). Looks like its not in service.

Status
Not open for further replies.