Mac & Nicecast

Status
Not open for further replies.

ae6dx

I have tried to set up NIcecast on a Mac but see no place to enter feed details such as mount point and password. I tried Quicktime Broadcaster and it gives me an error connecting. Any help?

ae6dx

Got it working but it only connects after a few tries. I get a bunch of log in failed and then it all of a sudden connects.

mpd4128

Free Encoder

Any way that I can use Quicktime Broadcaster? I really wasn't prepared to purchase any software to provide a feed, I just assumed everything would be free. I can always set up a virtual machine if need be; but I'd rather not.

GordonE

Live Audio Administrator
Feed Provider
Any way that I can use Quicktime Broadcaster? I really wasn't prepared to purchase any software to provide a feed, I just assumed everything would be free. I can always set up a virtual machine if need be; but I'd rather not.
Nope, it doesn't look like Quicktime Broadcaster supports sending audio to an Icecast server.

-- Gordon

ScanTN

Nicecast Settings

We currently use a Mac with Niecast to broadcast one of our feeds and it works great. The setup isn't too difficult so if you need further help send us a PM. As far as connection issues we haven't experienced any of those; ours will connect and stay connected reliably.

mpd4128

Re:

The Nicecast software looked great, I just wasn't prepared to pay for it just to host one scanner feed. If I still had my GRE-500 and could broadcast multiple feeds with tags and such I would have purchased Nicecast in a heartbeat. I ended up installing a small virtual machine in VMWare fusion and am using ScannerCast with no issues; easy setup.

Status
Not open for further replies.