motorcycle accident Nicholas county airport

Status
Not open for further replies.

OldDeadOne

Silent Key
Premium Subscriber
I think I just heard a motorcycle accident involving a 16 year old on the runway at the nicholas county airport and units were responding there,also sounds like they were(or are) having problems with their radios.

rdale

Completely Banned for the Greater Good
Premium Subscriber
They must have bigger problems with security if a kid can get a motorcycle on an airport runway!!!

OldDeadOne

Silent Key
Premium Subscriber
I don't know because they sound confused with conflicting reports of a person in the water at the summersville marina(Summersville Lake is not that far off) they had EMS go there,I am not really sure if this is related or not(all happening at the same time)

Edit: this is a small airport(I took lessons there in the late 80's) where deer is known to be on the runways alot

Last edited:

OldDeadOne

Silent Key
Premium Subscriber
I hope nothing bad happened to that kid since they also called this a search and rescue operation they had units fire trucks and EMS at both locations.

rdale

Premium Subscriber
So he was driving his motorcycle on an airport runway, got into an accident, and then died because of drowning? Is there a little more to the story? Something isn't making sense...

OldDeadOne

Silent Key
Premium Subscriber
I think he probably ran,there wasn't too much to the story other than the fact he was drowned and this happened at night.

If I remember correctly at one end of the runway leads to a cliff that overlooks the lake so it's possible either he wreaked at that end or had fallen over it

Last edited:

wvscanner

Database Admin
Any news outlet in the Raleigh County is poor. I have heard several things in the past that would make the story more interesting for that call but fail to even mention it. I'm guessing that Register Herald only heard about the drowning part and only asked question about that. Have you ever read the paper under the police event or whatever it is called. Disturbance Harper Rd area. (this road is about 10 miles long). So was it at any of the hotels in or just outside of Beckley City limits, the bar that is about 3 miles outside of the city limits or something else down in the Eccles area or beyond. Also the fact that kid was under the age of 18 will also keep the media mouth shut as much as the can about reporting it.

rdale

Premium Subscriber
How about telling us the real story then? Nothing seems to add up so far...

OldDeadOne

Silent Key
Premium Subscriber
rdale: what I heard is to the best of my ability short of going out and harassing law enforcement,or any of the responders(please check my posts) about this tragic incident. Maybe you could come down and interview the law enforcement and responders in more detail.

As an aside,my sarcasm is evident since I don't condone anything remotely stupid to any of my suggestions(if anyone is dumb to actually believe enough for that)

Last edited:

rdale

Premium Subscriber
Dead - I get that. If you read the post right above mine, it says he knows more of the story.

wvscanner

Database Admin
How about telling us the real story then? Nothing seems to add up so far...

I don't now any details of the story other then what is in this thread. The accident happen in a county that I don't monitor.

The media that cover that story was from the county I live in. I was commenting on the lack of info that our media gives to the public and for the most time unless you heard it on the scanner or talk to someone that was there. You will not likely even come close in knowing the details.

Status
Not open for further replies.