SCHP call signs

Status
Not open for further replies.

Quad

I mainly listen to Richland Co. SCHP dispatch, but has anybody noticed that they have dropped the 2 from their call sign. Instead of 2A38 its just A38, and 2785 is now just 785. Anybody else notice that or was I just listen to somebody dispatching wrong?

brian

DB Administrator
Database Admin
Up in the Upstate (Troop 3), I think they're using a "C" prefix. But I might be wrong, I haven't listened closely.

LarrySC

It could be that the dispatcher figures that the units know who they are and what district they are in and no one else would be using a simular number. Some people just love taking short cuts.

AB4BF

Premium Subscriber
Different Call Signs for SCHP

They're also using "B" prefix in Greenwood. Someone in an earlier post said this would happen, but I haven't located the post yet (probably my migrain). Years ago, HP used letter prefix numbers to identify units Like B-11, B-13, B-56, etc. Possibly, HP has reverted to they old way?

Quad

They're also using "B" prefix in Greenwood. Someone in an earlier post said this would happen, but I haven't located the post yet (probably my migrain). Years ago, HP used letter prefix numbers to identify units Like B-11, B-13, B-56, etc. Possibly, HP has reverted to they old way?

That's what it sounds like their doing. Here in this region their using A, just like they did a couple of years ago.

Flyham

It could be that the dispatcher figures that the units know who they are and what district they are in and no one else would be using a simular number. Some people just love taking short cuts.

I would go with this one! I've done it myself a time or two, depending on much other phone & radio traffic we have.

K4NWJ

Quad

Well now in this region (Richland) I'm hearing a "R" then the number. I don't know what that's about?

Status
Not open for further replies.