Help needed programming scanner

Status
Not open for further replies.

DieselFF918

Anyone listen to Wright-Patt Air Force Base?

I am trying to program my Uniden BC245XLT so I can hear Wright-Patt AFB, however, the off set that is listed in the database is not accepted by the radio.

I have tried 12.5, 25, 50.0, 100 (the standard offset that are in the owners manual), as well as 380 which is the off set listed in the database.

Any help is appreciated.

frozensun090

Unfortunately, your scanner cannot listen to the AFB. The audio is broadcast as APCO-25 digital. You would need a TrunkTracker IV Digital scanner or equivilent to monitor those frequencies. The BC245XLT is an Analog TrunkTracker II scanner.

I highly reccommend the Uniden BCD396T/BCD396XT or the BCD996T/BCD996XT for your purposes. I use the BCD396T and it works great with digital frequencies. Basically, it's the digital equivilent of the scanner you have. Still portable/handheld but accepts digital. The BCD996 line is the mobile equivilent.

Hope this helps. Let me know if you have any questions.

Dubbin

Feed Provider
Unfortunately, your scanner cannot listen to the AFB. The audio is broadcast as APCO-25 digital. You would need a TrunkTracker IV Digital scanner or equivilent to monitor those frequencies. The BC245XLT is an Analog TrunkTracker II scanner.

I highly reccommend the Uniden BCD396T/BCD396XT or the BCD996T/BCD996XT for your purposes. I use the BCD396T and it works great with digital frequencies. Basically, it's the digital equivilent of the scanner you have.

Those are not even close to the 245 ;)

DieselFF918

I highly reccommend the Uniden BCD396T/BCD396XT or the BCD996T/BCD996XT for your purposes. I use the BCD396T and it works great with digital frequencies. Basically, it's the digital equivilent of the scanner you have. Still portable/handheld but accepts digital. The BCD996 line is the mobile equivilent.

Hope this helps. Let me know if you have any questions.

Thats what I was afraid of, thanks for the help.

Status
Not open for further replies.