Iphone Scanner App

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ok, I am brand new here so I apologize in advance if I have posted this in the wrong place. I have also looked for the answer to my question in the other threads prior to posting and didn't find an answer so here goes...

I saw the BB app to stream live feeds and I have tried Police Scanner (on which my feed is no longer broadcast, saying it's offline) so I am in need of a new app to listen to the live feed. Does anyone know of any that would work for the iphone?

Any help would be great!

Thanks!

To listen to your feed on your iPhone, point the Safari browser to the mobile website at RR Mobile . Then open RR Live Audio, find the feed you are interested in and it will start to play in the built in media player.

SuperTex

iPhone App

Wow... I tried it and it works on my iPhone.

For a lark we tried it on the girlfriend's Blackberry Storm and it works too, for all the Crackberry fanatics... (I live with one LOL)

That's awesome, thanks :)

cavis

Feed Provider
FYI... a friend of mine tried the mobile RR site and wasn't able to receive calls on his iPhone while listening. I use the Emergency Radio app, but I don't know if it has the same issue.

jobes

Feed Provider
Yes oddly I have confirmed that as well. Same thing using Emergency Radio too. Thanks ATT

FYI... a friend of mine tried the mobile RR site and wasn't able to receive calls on his iPhone while listening. I use the Emergency Radio app, but I don't know if it has the same issue.

KC0UHS

Yes oddly I have confirmed that as well. Same thing using Emergency Radio too. Thanks ATT

Are you guys sure of this? I have used all these apps, and can still receive calls on my iPhone 3G. Also, there is a new scanner app on the app store called Scanner Radio, which actually uses the RR feeds, and is setup much better than any other scanner app so far, and I can testify that this app absolutely lets my phone calls thru, and goes back to the scanner as soon as I hang up. Give it a try, it cost me $1.99 and is well worth the price in my opinion. The program was released July 19th, 2009 on the app store, and I have found no bugs at all with this program, the audio quality is great, and you can also add your own feeds to the program and save them for later reference. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.