Texas Parks & Wildlife P-25

Status
Not open for further replies.

davidbond21

This afternoon I heard two game wardens on 151.355 working their way towards the source of some shooting going on, suspecting maybe it was some hunting(but ended up being target shooting). Talking back and forth trying to navigate their way to wherever, one was talking in analog with a 110.9 PL, and the second game warden was responding back the whole time in P25, with NAC 111.

This is the first I've heard of TPW using P25 and came as quite a surprise to me to hear it this afternoon. I wouldn't have believed it except I heard about a dozen more transmissions all with the NAC 111. Which when you look at it, is just the PL tone 110.9 rounded up. So heads up to those that monitor TPW.

rattlerbb01

TX/LA Database Admin
Database Admin
Good find. I updated the agency page with the frequencies and a note at the top of the page, so hopefully we will see some more P25 activity rolling in.

al95

Good find. I updated the agency page with the frequencies and a note at the top of the page, so hopefully we will see some more P25 activity rolling in.

Thanks for posting it on the database page. I will be in the lookout for this frequencies. Parks and Wildlife.

SCPD

QRT
wow, 3550 is used a lot too. This is great Now we get to Quit monitoring 2700 all the time!

nd5y

This afternoon I heard two game wardens on 151.355 ... , one was talking in analog with a 110.9 PL, and the second game warden was responding back the whole time in P25, with NAC 111.

3 years later...
I just heard the same thing happen but I didn't get a chance to decode the NAC or PL.

Last edited:

texasemt13

CenTex DBA
Premium Subscriber
151.3400 $300 this morning. Received in Comal County, but only heard a dispatcher (or park office), and only one transmission- this could have been anywhere.

SCPD

QRT
Eisenhower State Park on Lake Texoma; Park Rangers use split CTCSS on 151.3400. Base is on 136.5 Mobile are on 88.5, this seems to be common as Bonham SP and Tyler SP also have been reported to use split tones.

I hear Zero Game Warden Traffic on 159.2700 to date. Just the repeater CWID kicking off but no voice traffic what so ever. I think that new list in the Texas DB is getting more and more accurate.

Boulder

I hear Zero Game Warden Traffic on 159.2700 to date. Just the repeater CWID kicking off but no voice traffic what so ever. I think that new list in the Texas DB is getting more and more accurate.

Max, I have also heard zero traffic on the 159.2700 for a while now, even over the Memorial Day, 4th of July and Labor Day holidays which is usually pretty busy for traffic as wardens patrol the area lakes.

Have several hits for mobile to mobile channel on 151.3550 when wardens are close by, mostly analog but have heard one transmission in P25 but don't remember the NAC

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.