Washington Co 911 -- 151.0625 PL 110.9

Status
Not open for further replies.

mtindor

OH/WV DB Admin
Database Admin
Heard "Control" talking with "25" for about an hour today while "25" was out testing signal penetration in various areas around Washington Co.

151.0625 PL 110.9
License: KGF358 - Washington, County of

Unsure if it's just used for 911 administrative or if it's actually frequency that will be in use for Police or Fire/EMS.

Those in the vicinity might want to plug it in and listen for activity. If you identify its use, please submit it to the RRDB.

Thanks

Mike

n3obl

Ø
Database Admin
Were you hearing this in washington or further out. Im up in westmoreland co and i will keep a listen.

Frank

mtindor

OH/WV DB Admin
Database Admin
Were you hearing this in washington or further out. Im up in westmoreland co and i will keep a listen.

Frank

I was hearing it in Jefferson Co Ohio - and it was "4 bars" on the scanner (outside antenna). It's pretty strong. Wouldn't surprise me if people could hear it from more than one county away in any direction.

Mike

Fast1eddie

I'm in Oakdale (Allegheny Cty) and will also monitor. Especially interesting for me as I am with a Washington County LE Agency.

Monitoring with AOR equipment and a discone.

mule1075

Feed Provider
the KGF 358 call sign and the 25 you said you heard makes me want to lean towards another fire ops or dispatch channel.station 25 is in chartiers township.i will monitor and see if i hear anything new on my end.

Last edited:

mule1075

Feed Provider
update

as of 15 minutes ago ongoing testing on the frequency.this time it was 69 units talking.makes me think that it is going to be another dispatch channel for the companies that run in together in that area of the county.if that is the case the most likely companies dispatched on that freq will be stations 25,69,65 and maybe 1 or 2 more.will continue to monitor for more updates.

Last edited:

mtindor

OH/WV DB Admin
Database Admin
Thanks for the scoop, Adam. I'll have to unlock that freq and listen some more. I have no interest in it ordinarily, but as long as it isn't identified enough to put in the RRDB, it's of interest to me :)

Mike

mtindor

OH/WV DB Admin
Database Admin
Just heard another call on this freq.

151.0625 110.9 PL

"Control to Station 25" - and they were sent to Barnacle St in Chartiers

So far this seems to be pointing to a Fire Dispatch channel, perhaps Zone 2?

Mike

mule1075

Feed Provider
i am almost certain it is a dispatch channel.not sure on what zone they are going to call it.alot of the fire depts in the county from the looks of it are getting off the lowband and going to vhf high in the 151 mhz area of the spectrum.will keep monitoring for updates.

mtindor

OH/WV DB Admin
Database Admin
i am almost certain it is a dispatch channel.not sure on what zone they are going to call it.alot of the fire depts in the county from the looks of it are getting off the lowband and going to vhf high in the 151 mhz area of the spectrum.will keep monitoring for updates.

I saw a license submitted (but not granted yet) for N Strabane Fire... keep a listen on:

159.465 FB2
154.235 MO

Xmitter location claims to be 20 GIFFIN DR, Canonsburg - which is near a school according to Google.

ULS Application - Public Safety Pool, Conventional - 0003968040 - NORTH STRABANE, TOWNSHIP OF

Mike

mule1075

Feed Provider
not sure what they are going to use it for they unofficially merged with peters twp and are dispatched on 154.13 along with peters maybe that is temporary but it has been like that for over a year.will add to my scan list and report if i here anything.

mtindor

OH/WV DB Admin
Database Admin
not sure what they are going to use it for they unofficially merged with peters twp and are dispatched on 154.13 along with peters maybe that is temporary but it has been like that for over a year.will add to my scan list and report if i here anything.

I found it interesting because:

1. Bethel Park VFD already has a license for that output/input pair - listed as an FB2 as well. And if it is in use, it's transmitter is only a few miles away

2. Washington Co already has a license for 154.235 as an output (repeater output)

So who knows the whys or whats or anything. Maybe they are applying for a license that the county may turn around and use countywide or for a zone?

Things seem to be done differently in WashCo.

Mike

n3obl

Ø
Database Admin
the bethel vhf freq is an old freq. they are dispatched on uhf

Frank

mtindor

OH/WV DB Admin
Database Admin
I just heard activity on 159.465 PL 186.2. It was an FD. Referenced Truck 48 and Engine 42.

Shortly before that, I was hearing some other traffic on 151.3475 PL 156.7 (washington co fire)... too weak and too short for me to tell any further about it.

no idea if the two are related.

But if you look at early posts in this thread, in one post I mentioned an FCC application by North Strabane FD for 159.465. Well, that license has been granted and is:

WQKW742

I do not know if the traffic i was hearing on 159.465 PL 186.2 was North Strabane or not. I would have thought it could have been Bethel Park except that Frank mentions above that they are on UHF and no longer use the VHF.

The 186.2 PL is a common one in use over in PA....although the PL itself doesn't mean a whole lot.

Anyway, those who care to, please listen to 159.465 and monitor for activity and lets see if anyone can confirm this to be North Strabane. I'm unfamliar with fire apparatus or departments in washington Co, so I have no idea if Truck 48 and Engine 42 make any sense for any fire apparatus in that area.

Mike

mule1075

Feed Provider
i forgot to punch that freq in to my 796 in the bedroom.north strabane and peters township had a working structure fire last night.they were both tone out on 154.13 pl 141.3.will have to punch the other freq and see whats what.still trying to nail down a few of my friends in the 911 center for an idea or conformation on a few things.will keep all advised.

mtindor

OH/WV DB Admin
Database Admin
Heard "Control" talking with "25" for about an hour today while "25" was out testing signal penetration in various areas around Washington Co.

151.0625 PL 110.9
License: KGF358 - Washington, County of

Unsure if it's just used for 911 administrative or if it's actually frequency that will be in use for Police or Fire/EMS.

Those in the vicinity might want to plug it in and listen for activity. If you identify its use, please submit it to the RRDB.

Thanks

Mike

Within the past week I've heard stations 25, 65 and 69 being paged out on 151.0625. It needs entered in the DB so more people will listen to itt, but it it's pretty hard to get it entered if we dont' come up with a description for what it is.

has anybody else been routinely monitoring 151.0625 to make note of the agencies paged out on it?

mike

Status
Not open for further replies.