Exciting Prisoner Escape Search Last Night

Status
Not open for further replies.

jjudson

A little entertaining scanner traffic last night it Gloucester County. A New Jersey State Trooper was transporting a prisoner southbound on the turnpike when the man kicked out the rear window of the patrol car and leapt out - while the car was going about 40 mph! He ran off into the woods near the Tomlin Station Road overpass, handcuffed and with one shoe. Troopers sent additional cars and a canine unit. Woolrich Township and East Greenwich Township responded as well, setting up a perimeter on Tomlin Station and Rattling Run Roads. Not long later, a New Jersey State Trooper helicopter joined the fray, flying right over my house as I listened.

After about an hour of searching, they found him, huddled in the trees. I heard "Subject in custody" around 11:30 pm, followed by the helicopter returning to base overhead past my house.

I'm very glad I have all of my Quick Keys and Group Keys configured the way I have them. It sure made it easy to zero in on the activity.

cityboy

yeah i was also listening in on the action,this is the second time this happened a prisoner jumped out the back of a state police trooper car this month in NJ.

Status
Not open for further replies.