Washington County 911 P25 Switch

Status
Not open for further replies.

DonnieDog

Database Admin Deluxe
Database Admin
Wanted to start a thread about the new system.

The city and county have already issued several of the portables and mobiles to the field units. The portables are xts2500. Havent seen a mobile yet but they do have the police supervisors mobiles set to decode IDs

We have the new consoles set up at work for training. It is all Motorola using the MCC 7500. With awesome 22" touch screen monitors.

They have been doing testing on the new system too. I will post any new info about the system when I get it.

If anyone else gets anything please post it here.

dvwade33

So the digital portion is up and running?????

Are they going to keep it a mixed analog/digital system??

I heard they are puttig upa second site on buffalo ridge near gray...Is that true? If so has it been installed?

If so will you be able to post the new talkgroups??? Or will the stay the same???

Thanks,
Dan
Amateur N4DVW
GMRS WQKQ692
GVFD 551

Last edited:

DonnieDog

Database Admin Deluxe
Database Admin
So the digital portion is up and running?????

Are they going to keep it a mixed analog/digital system??

I heard they are puttig upa second site on buffalo ridge near gray...Is that true? If so has it been installed?

If so will you be able to post the new talkgroups??? Or will the stay the same???

Thanks,
Dan
Amateur N4DVW
GMRS WQKQ692
GVFD 551

The Digital part isnt up yet.

Unsure if they are keeping the current system.

Yes there will be a second site up in the Gray area.

There will be new talkgroups

ButchGone

Will the county be building out it's own digital system, or be a part of the 700/800MHz Tennessee Valley Regional Communittion System growing between Chattanooga & Knoxville?
BG..

DonnieDog

Database Admin Deluxe
Database Admin
From what ive been told we will be using the current freqs, callsign, etc. Just switching it Digital.

INDY72

Monitoring since 1982, using radios since 1991.
Ahh going up from Type IIi to full ASTRO-25? Coolio. Which version is it to be? 7.??? And good riddance to fleetmap and Type I tg's... lol

appalachianscanner

Premium Subscriber
Theres lots of 800 MHz conventional licenses and a new SMR popping up in Johnson City too, from my September newsletter...

Do u think theyll be ushering any of the outcasts from the current system?

Washington Nuclear Fuel Services WNQK722 806.0000 MO Trunked SMR
TN Washington BIODEC INC WPFP336 809.0000 MO Conventional
TN Washington TYPECRAFT INC WPFP914 809.0000 MO Conventional
TN Washington Herby, John WPFM760 809.0000 MO Conventional
TN Washington HERBY, JOHN WPFP921 809.0000 MO Conventional
TN Washington Herby, John WPFM756 809.0000 MO Conventional
TN Washington RAABE, RICHARD WPFP910 809.0000 MO Conventional
TN Washington HERBY, MARTHA A WPFP917 809.0000 MO Conventional
TN Washington RAABE, RICHARD WPFP910 854.0375 FB2C Conventional
TN Washington BIODEC INC WPFP336 854.1375 FB2C Conventional
TN Washington HERBY, MARTHA A WPFP917 854.2375 FB2C Conventional
TN Washington HERBY, JOHN WPFP921 854.3125 FB2C Conventional
TN Washington Herby, John WPFM756 854.3375 FB2C Conventional
TN Washington Herby, John WPFM760 854.6375 FB2C Conventional
TN Washington Nuclear Fuel Services WNQK722 856.1625 FB2C Trunked SMR
TN Washington Nuclear Fuel Services WNQK722 857.1625 FB2C Trunked SMR
TN Washington Nuclear Fuel Services WNQK722 858.1625 FB2C Trunked SMR
TN Washington Nuclear Fuel Services WNQK722 859.1625 FB2C Trunked SMR
TN Washington TYPECRAFT INC WPFP914 860.5875 FB2C Conventional

Last edited:

DonnieDog

Database Admin Deluxe
Database Admin
Small update

We will have 22" touch screen monitors!

Will have XTL2500s as backups at each console.

I do know we will have access to more channels also as the console programming isnt final yet.

The Disaster Channels will be Disaster 1 thru 7, not the current 20s.

Last edited:

dvwade33

Do you know if the system will be analog and digital or are they going all digital???

Also can you check to see what radios will be compatable with the new system?

Another thing...will they be doing any upgrades to the existing paging system?

Finally....Does WC/JC have any Conventional 800MHz Frequencies to use on simplex?

Thanks,
Dan
N4DVW
WQKQ692

Last edited:

DonnieDog

Database Admin Deluxe
Database Admin
Dan,
From what ive been told all of the public safety side will be digital. The city utilites will be Type I still.

The new radios are XTS2500 Portables and the XTL2500 Mobiles.

Im not sure on the paging system. Thats a good question!

The city does have alot of freqs licensed, I do know the portables have a talkaround channel.

Im working on a big update for today.......stay tuned!!

BTW.............does anyone else have a digital scanner that is going to monitor this new system??

Last edited:

INDY72

OK info as of right now- There will be two systems for a while... The new one is pure P-25 confirmed by usage of WACN, which only an P-25 TRS uses... Users are not on yet and only system testing occurring.. Expect first official PS usage around November 1st. Transition for all PS will take a couple of months at the least... I have no word on if ETSU will have ability to use this system yet or not. Expect the old analog TRS to stick around a year at least... Transition of Public Works etc to the P-25 depends on money for gear. Also I have no word yet on if this will be linked to the TN statewide P-25 once its built all the way out. Though I would expect at the least the county will have tg's.... Hey Donnie... Do you know if they have already figured out solutions for FD usage to compensate for the SCBA issues a lot of P-25 TRS's seem to have at first?

Also do you know if the Talkarounds will be P-25, or analog???

Last edited by a moderator:

DonnieDog

Database Admin Deluxe
Database Admin
ETSU has their tower up on campus and the control channels are active, although I havent heard much comms on it yet. Another pisser is that some (only two or three channels will be coded/encrypted) grrrrrrr. I heard that the FD is pushing the system fast. So the City PD and SO has almost all of the field radios issued. The City FD has the truck radios installed and the Base Radios and Portables should be soon. I do know that some of the State TEMA channels are in the radios, so using the state system will happen sooner or later. November 1st should be a confusing yet entertaining day but yea! im off that day! So the 197 will be fired up and ready to go. The Consoles sure do look sweet, they are still programming them and fine tuning everything. I used the same console/system where I dispatched in WV so I have a big headstart on everything. Stay tuned and everyone update as needed!! Thanks!

DonnieDog

Database Admin Deluxe
Database Admin
Still heavy on the system tests. Only 4 freqs are active for now. 2nd Site will be in the Gray area of the county. The 355 is the city radio shop test channel.

BTW..............Am I the only person with a digital scanner near Johnson City monitoring this system???

Last edited:

INDY72

Also ASAP someone run Pro96Com on the new P-25 and lets get some deeper data. TY

DonnieDog

Database Admin Deluxe
Database Admin
Well im gonna wait another couple of weeks on that because ive been told they are only running on 4 freqs for now. The city applied for more freqs under the same license with the current hybrid system. I counted all of the freqs and have the rest listed for the new system although I was told it will be 12 freqs total but I dont see how that is gonna happen unless after the move they will use some of the freqs from the current system on the new one. Kinda confusing. What other info do you need from the system. I hope to be getting a full channel list soon, I was told they are still changing things daily. I dont like waiting!!!

What all will the Pro96Com show with the new system? Will I be able to run it with my 197??

INDY72

Pro96Com is for analysis of P-25 systems... It will dispaly sysID, SiteID, all freqs, including primary and alt CC's, and all traffic on the system. Its for use with Digital Scanners only, primarily the PRO-96, 2096, PSR 500, 600, PRO-106 etc... 396/996XT...

I can show you a screen shot of it working on the AWIN P-25 TRS later if you want....

Josh423

Washington Co. Disaster Channels

Donnie,

Im a firefighter here in Sullivan Co. the county finished rebanding our 800mhz system we also are using the XTS2500 portables and the XTL mobile radios. I was looking in my portable radio and in zone 8 i believe we have the disaster channels is this for communication with washington co.?

INDY72

These are for interop with any users on your system, and outside agencies in the event of a major event... tornado, major accident with hazmat, earthquake, hurricane leftovers lol... So if you have the WCTRS programmed in your radios then yes you can talk with them for interop. Sounds like you have 8 systems setup in the radios... at least...

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.