• To anyone looking to acquire commercial radio programming software:

Please do not make requests for copies of radio programming software which is sold (or was sold) by the manufacturer for any monetary value. All requests will be deleted and a forum infraction issued. Making a request such as this is attempting to engage in software piracy and this forum cannot be involved or associated with this activity. The same goes for any private transaction via Private Message. Even if you attempt to engage in this activity in PM's we will still enforce the forum rules. Your PM's are not private and the administration has the right to read them if there's a hint to criminal activity.

If you are having trouble legally obtaining software please state so. We do not want any hurt feelings when your vague post is mistaken for a free request. It is YOUR responsibility to properly word your request.

To obtain Motorola software see the Sticky in the Motorola forum.

The various other vendors often permit their dealers to sell the software online (i.e., Kenwood). Please use Google or some other search engine to find a dealer that sells the software. Typically each series or individual radio requires its own software package. Often the Kenwood software is less than $100 so don't be a cheapskate; just purchase it.

For M/A Com/Harris/GE, etc: there are two software packages that program all current and past radios. One package is for conventional programming and the other for trunked programming. The trunked package is in upwards of $2,500. The conventional package is more reasonable though is still several hundred dollars. The benefit is you do not need multiple versions for each radio (unlike Motorola).

This is a large and very visible forum. We cannot jeopardize the ability to provide the RadioReference services by allowing this activity to occur. Please respect this.

Facebook meets GMRS in Massachusetts

Status
Not open for further replies.
Greetings all,

I'd like to take a moment to invite GMRS users in Massachusetts that have a Facebook account to join MASS-GMRS. This group can be found at MASS-GMRS | Facebook.

I'd like to also extend and invitation to those persons who, while not in Massachusetts, may have an interest in GMRS in Massachusetts. This is open group, so all are welcome to join.

Last edited:

Ward-29C

Mass-GMRS gets a workout

Rich,

I heard you and the crew had a great time this past weekend at the Monroe-Dunbar Brook Trail Races. Sorry I could not be there, but word is all went well and the WMAC officials were impressed.

Great job incorporating GMRS ops with the Ham ops. Who knows you guys may get a few more people interested in the hobby. At the very least you hopefully have educated those who spoke with you about not being "bubble pack pirates!"

Rich,

I heard you and the crew had a great time this past weekend at the Monroe-Dunbar Brook Trail Races.

Wow, time passes fast! I've been pretty busy as of late, so sorry for the late reply on the site. Yes, the Monroe-Dunbar Brook Trail Races went very smoothly. The radio team(s) had a number of complements made about them and the job they did. The weather held out and all had a good time.

After the event was done, quite a few of the crew went to the The Hoosac Tunnel, Florida - North Adams Massachusetts to do some rail-fanning.

413_Walkabout

Greetings all,

I'd like to take a moment to invite GMRS users in Massachusetts that have a Facebook account to join MASS-GMRS. This group can be found at MASS-GMRS | Facebook.

Facebook and GMRS? Sounds like a good thing. As you can see by my name, I enjoy being out and about. Now that I know more places will have GMRS people there, I'll start to carry my GMRS radio more when I hike. :)

hippieman556

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 6.0; Windows CE; IEMobile 7.7) T-Mobile_Juno)

I am interested in forming a group in philadelphia

cquirk

Question about lic and SAR

So how does GMRS lic marry up so to speak to Search and Rescue and CERT ? Some local folks are convinced it would be illegal to use it for this purpose even if everyone had a licence. They are sure that was not the purpose of GMRS and it can only be used to talk with in families etc.

n8emr

So how does GMRS lic marry up so to speak to Search and Rescue and CERT ? Some local folks are convinced it would be illegal to use it for this purpose even if everyone had a licence. They are sure that was not the purpose of GMRS and it can only be used to talk with in families etc.

While GMRS can only be licensed by individuals there is NOTHING in the rules on who and how it can be used.. SAR/CERT is a good use for GMRS.

cquirk

Thanks: Did you assign tactical call signs etc, and run it like a amatuer net would run?

Trying to get folks in the San Ramon tri valley area to move over to GMRS for CERT and things.

Thanks for the response

WMA-GMRS repeaters

The Western Massachusetts Area GMRS [WMA-GMRS] repeaters are up and fully functional. These are (prior) permission required repeaters, but the owners are welcoming to users passing through the area. If you're in Western Massachusetts, and looking for a GMRS repeater to access, please feel free to use these machines. If you wish to use these machines on a reoccurring and/or regular basis, please make a request to become a WMA-GMRS member.

WMA-575 Owner: WQKJ537 E-Mail: wqkj537@verizon.net

WMA-625 Owner: WQKJ982 E-Mail: wqkj982@comcast.net

For general information about GMRS repeaters in Massachusetts, please click on this link: MASS-GMRS | Homepage

Status
Not open for further replies.