Setting up the alpha tags

Status
Not open for further replies.

LaRell

Premium Subscriber
Okay, so my question is, how the heck do I set my program up to stream the alpha tags. I just started streaming here on RR from Plumas County California, and I've got a BCT15X scanner and ProScan, but I do not know what steps to go through to get the alpha tags to go along with the stream. What I really wanted, I have seen other scanner streams where it shows a virtual display of the radio within the windows media player just like this Butte County CA stream. mms://dallas.thenet411.net/ridge-video I have been wracking my brain trying and trying to figure out how to accomplish that. How to get not only simple tags streaming and showing up in WinAmp, but to actually get a copy of my BCT15X's display to show up in windows media player with my stream. Does anybody have any clue how one accomplishes that? I know it is possible. I have seen it done multiple times. And I am not going to use the webcam aimed at the front of the scanner technique. That takes up way too much bandwidth and makes it hard for those with slower connections to monitor my scanner.

It's been driving me nuts trying to figure it out.

ProScan

Software Provider
Premium Subscriber
Okay, so my question is, how the heck do I set my program up to stream the alpha tags. I just started streaming here on RR from Plumas County California, and I've got a BCT15X scanner and ProScan, but I do not know what steps to go through to get the alpha tags to go along with the stream. What I really wanted, I have seen other scanner streams where it shows a virtual display of the radio within the windows media player just like this Butte County CA stream. mms://dallas.thenet411.net/ridge-video I have been wracking my brain trying and trying to figure out how to accomplish that. How to get not only simple tags streaming and showing up in WinAmp, but to actually get a copy of my BCT15X's display to show up in windows media player with my stream. Does anybody have any clue how one accomplishes that? I know it is possible. I have seen it done multiple times. And I am not going to use the webcam aimed at the front of the scanner technique. That takes up way too much bandwidth and makes it hard for those with slower connections to monitor my scanner.

It's been driving me nuts trying to figure it out.

Look for a button "Metadata" in the Web Server / ScanCast tab. Click on that and you will be able to select the source. Choose "Me”. To customize it go to the general options and look for "Custom Title Format.

Next version will have a separate custom metadata independent of the title / caption.

Status
Not open for further replies.