What do people like to listen to

Status
Not open for further replies.

SCPD

QRT
Just wanted to see what listeners like to listen to on a feed;

Do you like to listen to just Fire or Fire/PD or do you like to listen to other things to such as Road commission etc.

Mylan

Feed Provider
I know this is not the answer that you are looking for but I can tell you two things I like to listen to:

#1 a stream that sounds good.... decent audio levels and most importantly no channels that have annoying static every time they come active-

#2 a feed that does not have so many busy channels on it that is perennially impossible to completely follow anything happening on it-

When I go looking for new feeds to enjoy, quantity is not as important as quality... sometimes I will listen to 10 low activity feeds at a time and if one of those feeds has a channel that is very staticy, it drowns out all of the other feeds while it is active and is just annoying in general..

Sometimes I listen to busier feeds, but once again, nothing is more frustrating than trying to listen to a stream that is so jam packed with action heavy channels that when you do hear of something exciting, it is impossible to follow along because you are are constantly missing many key transmissions...

Granted, practically every feed that is actually scanning is going to have periods of high activity and missing conversations is inherent but when evaluating new feeds, If I come across a stream that has either of those two conditions, I blacklist that particular feed because I find it too annoying to listen to...

As for feed content, I only like to listen to public safety on feeds. Dont get me wrong though, I have a radio at home that scans rail, utilities, air, hospital security, taxi, road crews, wrecker services..etc but when it comes to feeds from outside of my reception range, the only thing I care to hear is public safety calls. mostly fire, rescue and law enforcement...

I also think dedicated air band feeds are cool but I don't like them mixed in with public safety.

SCPD

QRT
That's what i was looking for thanks for the post.

I know what you mean by the distant signal problems i have that same issue due to other departments about 50-70 miles away using the same ch and the signal is strong enough to where i can't stop it.

And then the only reason i have Road Commission on my feed is due to they will talk direct to Central Dispatch Poice and FD's in the county.

lbpd719

I have to admit, I am getting a kick out of the teamspeak feed of 11175. It would be nice to get some more HF/Utility monitoring type feeds, but there are some issues with them from what I understand

freqs

I like to listen to Police feeds from other States and City's that my family members live in .And feeds from a city with a breaking news event

SlipNutz15

Wacker
Feed Provider
I like hearing separate Fire/EMS/Police feeds. Around where I live isn't busy all that often so I feed my county's Fire and EMS in the same feed. Now, recently, we've been having fire calls and ems calls and unfortunately the surrounding counties have the same fire freq's and same EMS PL so it's crazy. I want to make the fire and ems feeds separate but I only get those feelings when we start running big calls, on calm days, it doesn't bother me.

Like it was said before, as long as the transmissions are clear or as clear as possible and no a TON of channels being scanned, then scan away!

lfd8e4

I agree with Mylan, Keep the multiple agencies to a minimum on the feed. Aside from not being able to follow/lock in on an incident it is tough to know who is talking without alpha tags. This is due to the fact many fire dispatch centers say "fire alarm" instead of the call sign or community name and the same goes for many police depts. they use "control".

I do like to listen to other radio traffic besides police and fire. I find a nice change of listening breaks up the daily babble on the public safety channels(rail, air, conservation, etc.. As a side note I will listen to several smaller departments on different players (such as Vol. FD) as a change of pace and for a different perspective on how they operate.

I hope more folks put up feeds. I'm always jumping around.

magillapd

Busy Feed

My feed always has alot going on and I never thought about the clutter. I am going to select the delay feature on my scanner so that it pauses 2 seconds before moving onto the next active talkgroup. I want to keep it busy with multipule cities on it so that there is always something for people to listen to.

jekfireman

I prefere fire/ems ,and police ocassionally but not mixed if in a busy area. Different feeds are nice but I see no need for weather or amature radio repeaters. Most people have weather radios if in severe weather areas

cnw8052

I would like to see more railroad feeds. That is what I'm providing on my feed. Railroad communications seems to be the minority here.

I also like to listen to police/fire/ems, but most of my interest there is my local area.

Mylan;1214850 #1 a stream that sounds good.... decent audio levels and most importantly no channels that have annoying static every time they come active- [/QUOTE said:
I agree with this one. There are several feeds that I would enjoy listening to, but the fact that the provider is trying to track agencies where the static level is almost as loud as the voice audio makes listening for very long difficult.

Mylan

Feed Provider
AND I might add to my previous list:

A feed that doesn't hum...

There is this one feed that I would absolutely love to listen to but the constant hum is quite annoying and so I cant stand to listen to it... it almost always has 0 listeners which tells me that nobody else wants to hear that noise either!

SCPD

QRT
My feed always has alot going on and I never thought about the clutter. I am going to select the delay feature on my scanner so that it pauses 2 seconds before moving onto the next active talkgroup. I want to keep it busy with multipule cities on it so that there is always something for people to listen to.
I have a 9sec delay (I believe) on my feed, which only includes 4 channels from the same agency. I don't see how listeners can follow with multiple agencies unless they are normally dead (Even with alpha tags as the listeners can't pause).

andw1

I have multiple agencies on my feed, but it is a very rural area and all are dispatched from the same center. To make it easier for the listeners, I have included call sign info in my feed details.

dbsar

Premium Subscriber
It would be nice if this was a poll question with a graph. Then all could see the results as people vote. I'd like to see more railroad feeds. Thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.