• To anyone looking to acquire commercial radio programming software:

Please do not make requests for copies of radio programming software which is sold (or was sold) by the manufacturer for any monetary value. All requests will be deleted and a forum infraction issued. Making a request such as this is attempting to engage in software piracy and this forum cannot be involved or associated with this activity. The same goes for any private transaction via Private Message. Even if you attempt to engage in this activity in PM's we will still enforce the forum rules. Your PM's are not private and the administration has the right to read them if there's a hint to criminal activity.

If you are having trouble legally obtaining software please state so. We do not want any hurt feelings when your vague post is mistaken for a free request. It is YOUR responsibility to properly word your request.

To obtain Motorola software see the Sticky in the Motorola forum.

The various other vendors often permit their dealers to sell the software online (i.e., Kenwood). Please use Google or some other search engine to find a dealer that sells the software. Typically each series or individual radio requires its own software package. Often the Kenwood software is less than $100 so don't be a cheapskate; just purchase it.

For M/A Com/Harris/GE, etc: there are two software packages that program all current and past radios. One package is for conventional programming and the other for trunked programming. The trunked package is in upwards of $2,500. The conventional package is more reasonable though is still several hundred dollars. The benefit is you do not need multiple versions for each radio (unlike Motorola).

This is a large and very visible forum. We cannot jeopardize the ability to provide the RadioReference services by allowing this activity to occur. Please respect this.

Programming Needed for P7100

Status
Not open for further replies.

colby4601

Looking for someone to program a P7100 for me.

Let me know via PM if you are able to do so.

Thanks,
Colby

NRL88

Need P7100ip programmed to transmit on non secured channels also I NEED Motorola

I need Wicomico activated only on the non restricted channels and need the rest Wicomico Channels listen only.
I need Worcester County ALL unrestricted channels transmit and receive which Worcester Receive is already programmed.
I need ALL Somerset PD and FIRE programmed if missing and set to receive and broadcast.
I need ALL Ocean City Channels programmed to receive and broadcast. The default radio audio number is my audio.
I would like Anne Arundel County Fire/EMS/Police unrestricted channels be programmed to receive and broadcast.

Emergency button active on all channels that receive. I have been told all these channels can be programmed into my 800mhz p7100ip M/A-Com and I have the authorization due to being a member in the above counties.

Please PM me

gesucks

Premium Subscriber
NRL88 no one is going to program those for you with out written verification and confirmation from each system owner that you are authorized on the system. They will also have to issue an ID for system. Your best bet is to contact the System Admin for the county in which you are a member and have them take care of it for you,

Radioman96p71

Feed Provider
I do quite a bit of programming of radios and I wouldn't touch a configuration like that with a 10 foot pole. If you NEED access to that system in that setup then you need to talk to the people that control it. If your radio isn't set up like that, there is probably a reason why.

Thunderknight

Premium Subscriber
Not familiar with the area, but looking at the rrdb, the first county looks like a Motorola SmartNet system. If it is, a p7100 is not technically capable of operation on that system, regardless of authorization.
Anyway, I agree with the other posters - you need to be speaking to the system admin.

Radioman96p71

Feed Provider
Looks like there are a handful of EDACS systems he is referring to and a Motorola.

Either way, not touching that one. Good luck with that!

tampabaynews

Keeping your PIO busy
Premium Subscriber
There's an eBay listing that advertises P7100 programming. I don't think it's permissible here to post the link to it but you can easily search for it.

However I don't think you'll find anyone who will program the radio to affiliate and transmit. One would ask why hasn't your agency provided you with the radio you need. At best, you will be asked for identification to support who you are and a written blessing from the system administrator... as well as the necessary settings to operate on the system properly.

Good luck.

DisasterGuy

I can assure you that you ARE NOT authorized to transmit on the EDACS systems that you mentioned and speaking as the administrator (licensee) of one of those systems hereby advise you that if you do so and I see a radio attempting unauthorized affiliation you will be criminally charged locally as well as refered to the FCC for their enforcement action.

KD2DXF

Nobody
Premium Subscriber
Boy this thread went south quick. To the OP, you need to be more specific on what you want programmed per say. P7100's can only do so much depending on features enabled. Also this thread should serve notice for anyone else asking for radios to be programmed, be Smart. Programming a radio for receive only is as harmless as having a scanner, but may raise some eyebrows though if you make a scene about having one. If you want to talk, you need a valid reason to, and authorization from the licensee, and will further more refer you to the Radio Shop. Dont expect someone online to be an accessory.

DisasterGuy

To KD2DXF's point, CORRECTLY programming a radio for receive only is harmless. I have seen (in both the Harris and Motorola worlds) radios programmed where the user thinks it is receive only while it really isnt. I am in the "buy a scanner" camp but do acknowledge that it is possible to harmlessly program a receive only radio if you know what your doing. Many dont. If you go about it incorrectly you CAN cause issues on the system.

Either way the point here is that you CANT transmit on a frequency you arent licensed for or affiliate on a system without the written approval of the LICENSEE (that aint your fire chief) and to do so otherwise is backed by case law for a computer trespass charge.

johnls7424

Premium Subscriber
Yeah asking to have a radio transmit on a trunked system that is unauthorized is illegal. Receive only ( sure) but to transmit ( never).

harrisradios

If you really need to transmit you need to go through your radio shop. You should be aware that you can get in serious trouble if your radio is programmed by someone who is not qualified to work with the system. I highly doubt anyone on here would be willing to program your radio. Save yourself the trouble and buy a scanner.

Status
Not open for further replies.