Help programming WVIRP please.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Costanza

I am looking at the freqs on this site - - West Virginia Interoperability Radio Project (WVIRP) Trunking System, Statewide, West Virginia - Scanner Frequencies
and am wondering what sites to put in if I am in Winchester VA.

I want to be able to listen to the following Counties... Berkerly Morgan Jefferson Hampshire

Can I enter all the freqs into 1 bank or do I need multiple banks ?
I am programming a PRO-96 and have read up on the Extended Table programming and set my table already.

Thank you in advance

Brian

ab8sn

Premium Subscriber
Wvirp

I am looking at the freqs on this site - - West Virginia Interoperability Radio Project (WVIRP) Trunking System, Statewide, West Virginia - Scanner Frequencies
and am wondering what sites to put in if I am in Winchester VA.

I want to be able to listen to the following Counties... Berkerly Morgan Jefferson Hampshire

Can I enter all the freqs into 1 bank or do I need multiple banks ?
I am programming a PRO-96 and have read up on the Extended Table programming and set my table already.

Thank you in advance

Brian

Hey Brian

Nice to meet you. We find it easiest to do all the programming with Win96 programming software. You will want to program in just the frequencies that are in red and blue (control channels). If you are just going to monitor one or two sites, you can use just one bank, but three or four sites I would put into separate banks.

As Old Dead One pointed out, set those bank(s) to MOT and scan normally. If everything is programmed correctly, the scanner will "track" the system with just the control channels only.

Hope this helps

Chad

Costanza

Hello Chad

Thanks for the info. I am new to the area and still learning how systems work down here. I do use Win96. It really is the only way to program.
I still do not know exactly which sites to program however. I want to be able to listen to the following Counties... Berkerly, Morgan, Jefferson, and Hampshire. I see all sites but Morgan. At least the Morgan site listed does not have a CC's of AC's.
I will get the other 3 programmed today and see what happens.
Also, should I program the "Portable Site" listed ?
Thanks again.

dwlyons

There are conventional channels also in Berkeley, Jefferson & Hampshire. The WV SP uses both systems regularly also. Both Berkeley & Jefferson use conventional to tone out their fire departments.

Morgan Co. is in world all their own. It must work for them because you never hear a word from them. I can't receive their system and I have tried all their published frequencies. They are on an 800 MHz trunk system and very restricted in range.

All the fire dispatches have to rely on conventional for mutual aide as the system engineering for the WV System never took the Eastern Panhandle and it's relationship to MD and VA into consideration. Thank goodness for telephones 'cause that is the major communication method between MD, VA and WV authorities. No forethought was used in this area.

wv8mat

ok so i am also new to mon the wvirp with a scanner, i got a 2096 with win96, how do you tell what the control channels are when there might be lets say 6 freq listed at that site.
thanks

OldDeadOne

Silent Key
Premium Subscriber
Matt,in the wvirp database the primary channel is in red the secondary is in blue,you really just need the red colored freqencies

ab8sn

Premium Subscriber
Portable Sites

Hello Chad

Thanks for the info. I am new to the area and still learning how systems work down here. I do use Win96. It really is the only way to program.
I still do not know exactly which sites to program however. I want to be able to listen to the following Counties... Berkerly, Morgan, Jefferson, and Hampshire. I see all sites but Morgan. At least the Morgan site listed does not have a CC's of AC's.
I will get the other 3 programmed today and see what happens.
Also, should I program the "Portable Site" listed ?
Thanks again.

Anytime Brian and you're very welcome. That's what we're here for to help each other in this ever changing world of scanning. I have never heard anyting on those portable sites but you might see if any of the other guys have. Everything in my local counties are still using analog conventional, but I would say that will change in the future. I have my digital receivers ready when the counties do decide to switch.

Chad

ab8sn

Premium Subscriber
I have noticed in the past that the McComas, Clarksburg, and Boone Co. Sites have used their alternate CC's a few times because I thought at first I had found a new site.

Chad

Costanza

Well I'm doing a little more surfing......
Looking at this page - -
Morgan County Public Safety Trunking System, Berkeley Springs, West Virginia - Scanner Frequencies

How does this get programmed??????? Do I only need the 1 Confirmed LCN to listen to this system? The second site has all 00 for channels.

Never really had anything to do with EDACS systems.
Being from New England the most trunking was the State of Massachusetts. Western MA had 1 LTR but never had an interest in listening. Now RI is building a MOT digital system. CT also has trunking, but only listen to them while traveling through the state.

ab8sn

Premium Subscriber
Morgan Co.

How does this get programmed??????? Do I only need the 1 Confirmed LCN to listen to this system? The second site has all 00 for channels.

Hey Brian

I can only make a guess as to how to program that system since I've never actually programmed an EDACS system, but I would say go to another open bank and put all the LCN frequencies in order from 1 to 8 and set the bank as ED.

You might want to get in contact with Mike S 104. He is from the Berkley/Jefferson Co. area so he will probably be able to help you a lot more than I can with regard to this system. You can try that though and see what happens.

73s

Chad

ikea50us

Hi, Ike here in Huntington, WV, The problem I have is software says program times out before link is made to pro-96 radio, demo verision of win pro-96. I would love some help on this problem.

ikea50us@yahoo.com
KA8GZW

Morgan

Just to update Morgan. Currently they have abandoned the 800mhz system and are fully on the VHF channels. The cut over for their WVIRP system should be around Labor Day 2010. Currently only some of the Law Enforcement units have radios and Only Paw Paw VFD is utilizng their WVIRP radios. So at least the next few months just expect 95% of all traffic to be on the VHF.

Status
Not open for further replies.