New live feed for Indianapolis/Marion Cty MECA

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ayrow

Feed Provider
We used to have a live feed of the MECA system, but it went offline (as far as I know).

I have taken it upon myself to provide a feed until somebody tells me I can't.
FYI - I have submitted an "official feed" to radioreference.com, but in the meantime you are welcome to go to the following link and listen live.

I am only streaming Fire and Rescue and the corresponding OPS channels.

Enjoy,

Marion County Indianapolis, IN MECA FD & Rescue - www.phototac.com

Tod
K3TOD
PhotoTac.com

Ayrow

Feed Provider
Robot Dispatchers?

Yes.

I, and many others like me, didn't think we'd like it. Turns out, it's a been a great thing.
It has brought consistency and clarity to the dispatch channel.

It might be annoying, but we no long have trouble understanding what is being said.

cifd64

Premium Subscriber
Just sounds rough when streaming. But nice feed. I saw the Motorola program at a buff show. I didnt like it, but that was a few years ago, perhaps they made improvements.

W9NES

Todd's link sounds the same way I hear it on my scanner.And I live in the same area of The Northwest Side of Metro Indianapolis/Marion County.

Ayrow

Feed Provider
Wirelessly posted (BlackBerry9530/4.7.0.167 Profile/MIDP-2.0 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 VendorID/105)

Yes, fortunately or unfortunately, it is a direct audio-only feed coming out of a Radio Shack 2096 scanner.
It is the best scanner to use when listening to the MECA system (trust me, I've tried them all)
While not perfect, what you hear is basically ad good as it gets.

The same feed is also available through Radio Reference's Live Feed section.
The best part about this is it can now be streamed through a web-based cell phone
It appears to be getting tons of use. I will continue to feed it as long there is interest or I am told to remove it.

Enjoy,

Tod
K3TOD
PhotoTac.com

bamx2

Does anyone else have volume problems? I have my player and speakers cranked 100% and its still soft.

Ayrow

Feed Provider
Does anyone else have volume problems? I have my player and speakers cranked 100% and its still soft.

I have tried this feed on six different computers and all seem to work fine.

Try this:
On Windows XP, Double-click on your little speaker in the bottom right-hand corner of your task bar to open up your mixer settings.
If you don't have a little speaker, go to "Start" > Control Panel > Sound

Once there, make sure the volume control for the "Wave" section is turned up.
Unfortunately, this will sometime get turned down and no matter how loud you turn the "Main" control up, the volume will not be loud enough.

If you have Windows 7 or Vista, you'll have to poke around in the Control Panel screen and go to the sound settings.

Good Luck.

AK9R

Lead Wiki Manager and almost an Awesome Moderator
Super Moderator
Audio level is OK for me using the Web Player and the Java Web Player in WinXP.

Status
Not open for further replies.