Finally found Garland SO CH 3

Status
Not open for further replies.

INDY72

Monitoring since 1982, using radios since 1991.
Its an extremely rarely used ch anymore due the installation of 800 MHz radios in several GCSO cars for AWIN, also programmed with the Hot Springs TRS... SO CH 3 158.9700 missed the tone on it as was too slow to look at the scanner. But its the original Interop Tac ch for GCSO and HSPD. I have also found that HSFD has VHF Hi band ability for interop with Lake Hamilton FD.

And am still investigating the City of Hot Springs frequency 453.6750 MHz with PL of 192.8....

Magnetsteve

Gcso 3

Channel 3 used to be the EAST channel for the Sheriff's Office, I dont think they use it anymore. :confused:

I think all of the supervisor trucks at HSFD have VHF and UHF radios for interoperablity with all of the local VFD's...

INDY72

Monitoring since 1982, using radios since 1991.
HSFD is actually liced for and has a rptr with same freq as LHFD... That and 154.4300 are the only ones they still have lic for on VHF. The rest are just progged in the radios for interop, as well as Countywide. Yeah it seems GCSO has recently in the last couple of years done its line up switch.. CH 1 used to be North, CH 2 South, CH 3 East, and CH 4 West... But now CH 2 is primary, CH 1 is secondary and HT's, because the HT's seem to work better on that rptr. Ch 3 is now backup/interop with HSPD, and CH 4 is SpecOps/Tactical/ADMIN... CH 5 I think is the never used Jail CH.... then they all have Countywide for interop with OEM/FD's... The old EMS freq is no longer in use as far as I can tell since Lifenet moved all ops onto the narrowband rptr. I am unsure if Lifenet still operates the Mt. Ida rptr or not, never hear any traffic on it.

Last edited by a moderator:

W5LVB

GCSO 3 and Others

Ok, Here's the real deal...

GCSO 3 'was' the EAST repeater located near Lonsdale. Previous to that, it was the main repeater frequency for HSPD. After going 800, HSPD gave up the repeater/freq. to GCSO. It is NOT currently on the air as a repeater. The Juvenile Jail is using the 'input' channel as a talk-around for in-house operations.

GCSO 2 is currently being used as PRIMARY, because there is some receiver 'de-sense' on GCSO 1 from a system on the same tower and HT traffic gets covered up with noise. GCSO 1 is still used if the units are in an area not covered well by GCSO 2, esp. for HT traffic.

GCSO 4 is located at the same site as GCSO 2, not 'WEST'. It is used mainly for admin stuff, no primary dispatching.

There is NO VHF 'interop' between the GCSO and HSPD.

LHFD and HSFD do NOT have any co-licensed frequencies. HSFD does still have their old VHF channel (154.340 - not 154.430) and use it as a TRAINING channel mainly. ALL the HSFD vehicles have both VHF and UHF radios. They use UHF for their main dispatch and fire-ground operations. The VHF radios are programmed with ALL the VFD and EMS channels for inter-agency communications and mutual-aid responses.

453.6750 is a City of Hot Springs Public Works channel. Primary use is/was by the water/sewer departments. Very rarely used any more, most communication is by cell phone.

Status
Not open for further replies.