Announcing the ScannerLive v1.0 Application Release

Status
Not open for further replies.

blantonl

Founder and CEO
Staff member
Super Moderator
Folks,

Rob Dale, of rdale fame, and owner of Skywatch services, has released a fantastic new application called ScannerLive.

ScannerLive allows you to listen to multiple RadioReference live audio feeds and "scan" across them, providing a unique listening experience for the RadioReference live audio platform. You can scan across up to 10 feeds at a time, and setup up to 10 banks of 10 feeds each.

Features include:
  • Select multiple online feeds to monitor (up to 10 per bank)
  • Save your layout in up to 10 banks
  • Monitor all feeds in a bank, and if audio is heard on one of the feeds it will mute the others
  • Selectable delay & Priority settings
  • Ability to change the volume settings individually
  • Select certain feeds come out of left or right speaker only
  • Audio meter active on all feeds (even when they are muted)
  • Temporarily lock out a feed
  • Manual hold on a feed until pressing scan again

A screenshot below shows how powerful this application is.

ScannerLive is $19.99 - and can be demoed and purchased at the following link:

ScannerLive

Enjoy!

Attachments

• scannerlive.gif
    scannerlive.gif
    49.7 KB · Views: 5,440

ve2nwb

awsome !! ... my order is already sent...this software was just what i was looking for... are you going to make a larger version.. like way more than 10 frq to scan at a time ??

KC9LZJ

checking out ScannerLive will give 100% on hook-up to several differant Freq. to listen to and sound Quality 100... Use of operation 100% easy to install and start listening to several Freq. at same time.. Way to go guys I give 100% on this scanner App..

colby4601

Exactly. Buy a quality computer (a Mac) with a quality OS (OS X), and run Windoze under Parallels or VMWare. No reason to suffer under to Microsoft boot unless you have to!!

And Windows works better running on a Mac anyways! Which is so backwards.

DaveIN

Founders Curmudgen
Database Admin
This program is highly recommended! Your going to love these features. Rob has done an outstanding job.

tgentry

It works Great with VMware and Linux

If you run an emulator, let me know how it works. I haven't found anyone able to test it so far.

I have installed VMWare 7 on my linux laptop. I then installed windows XP and it is working great for me.

shaft

No reason it wouldnt work under VMware, as you are actually running XP. I think by emulator, you would need to load up something like Crossover to get the program to work.

tgentry

Crossover

Yes I tried with Crossover and it will not work with it. The program requires framework that doesnt install with crossover. At least on Linux.

gmclam

Premium Subscriber
Can I use this app for any IceCast feed, or are the feeds required to be broadcast from RadioReference?

rdale

Completely Banned for the Greater Good
Premium Subscriber
Any feed anywhere... You can put in radio stations for all it cares!

rdale

Premium Subscriber
One neat feature now is to add the space shuttle comm feed from NASA TV - you can scan away your regular channels, and it'll switch to the NASA feed when the astronauts are talking!

mbruning81

Feed Provider
The last two days I've been getting an error message telling me it can't connect to RadioReference.com. Anyone else having that problem?

rdale

Premium Subscriber
Yes, so far it's looking like Windows firewall is preventing it from getting through (since it doesn't resemble a standard browser.) Play around with that on your system, then head to the SL user's forum if you still have issues.

Status
Not open for further replies.