ScannerCast shows connected / Feed will not go online

Status
Not open for further replies.

stlouisx50

I was told by the RadioReference Support Team to post here in regards to the problem I am having with my feed.

I am trying to get my feed online however, it will never go online once connecting with the ScannerCast Software.

- I get no errors with the ScannerCast Software and it shows connected and streaming after it logs in and does the radioreference update and sync.

- Scannercast shows streaming and gives bit rate, however feed still does not come online.

- I have turned the computer off and back online. Does not correct the problem.

richtidd

Database Admin
I was told by the RadioReference Support Team to post here in regards to the problem I am having with my feed.

I am trying to get my feed online however, it will never go online once connecting with the ScannerCast Software.

- I get no errors with the ScannerCast Software and it shows connected and streaming after it logs in and does the radioreference update and sync.

- Scannercast shows streaming and gives bit rate, however feed still does not come online.

- I have turned the computer off and back online. Does not correct the problem.

Helping via e-mail.

K7AZ

Feed Provider
K1PGV via RDT Will Not Find Audio Source

I use VPN and RDT to access a remote computer running K1PGV's software for my On-Line Scanner Feed.
Now and then, I have to remote re-boot that computer and every time K1PGV's program can not find the proper audio source, even though when I am at the remote computer live, it finds the audio source every time. Has anyone else had this problem?

bed685

Feed Provider
Scanner Cast problem

I recently reinstalled the operating system on my computer. I am running Windows XP. I reinstalled Scanner Cast. I cannot get the feed to work.I keep getting a status message "NOT COMMUNICATING WITH SCANNER". I am not getting audio on the feed. I do not what more to do.

SignalSeeker

Premium Subscriber
I use VPN and RDT to access a remote computer running K1PGV's software for my On-Line Scanner Feed.
Now and then, I have to remote re-boot that computer and every time K1PGV's program can not find the proper audio source, even though when I am at the remote computer live, it finds the audio source every time. Has anyone else had this problem?

RDP is able to redirect audio, when you connect it changes the default audio device to whatever RDP uses. I would try something like VNC since you are already doing VPN.

Or I use GotoAssist Express, it works great!

Justin

GTR8000

NY/NJ Database Guy
Database Admin

Options > Local Resources > "Remote Computer Sound" Leave at remote computer

That's the only way to get RDC to play nice with ScannerCast.

PeterGV

K1PGV
Options > Local Resources > "Remote Computer Sound" Leave at remote computer

That's the only way to get RDC to play nice with ScannerCast.

And ALWAYS select a specific sound input source in ScannerCast... never select "Default Soundcard Driver" -- I'd like to remove the "default" selection, but I'm afraid it would cause too many problems at this point.

Peter
K1PGV

K7AZ

Feed Provider
Upadate: RDT Missing Audio Input

I just upgraded my feed computer to an HP Thin Client with ProScan 6.2 software. I thought the missing Audio Input would be history but not so.

A friend of mine suggested using TeamViewer and it works great and does not alter the Audio Input settings like RDT.

Another low cost upgrade was adding the USB1 interface to the scanner for Alpha Tags and remote control. BTW: You have to use the JAVA Player to see the tags.

It is very cool to have virtual access to the remote scanner and ProScan has great tools for logging.
Currently am refining audio levels for each channel as needed.

Chris
K7AZ

jsncrso

KN4ZVZ
Feed Provider
Just to add, use TeamViewer if you want to remote desktop. it doesn't affect any sound properties of the host computer at all (in fact it doesn't host any sound at all). Personally, there are several reasons (including this one) of why this software works much better than the native windows RDC.

Status
Not open for further replies.