Buchanan County Public Safety

Status
Not open for further replies.

paperclip-kc

Premium Subscriber
I think no one will believed me but I am picking Buchanan County Public Safety – P25 I am using control channels is 853.825 here in Independence. It is cutting and out I could still tell what is going on. I was also listing to the Live Audio Feeds to make sure it was Buchanan County.

wb0wao

No reason not to believe you - probably some tropo enhancement going on between you and the transmitter location. When I was active on the VHF/UHF weak signal amateur bands, I have worked hundreds of miles on tropo enhancement. If you get a good tropo duct going, the signals are fantastic - at that time I lived in Michigan (EN84ij) and worked a station in northern New York on 1296MHz SSB with just 5w output at my end into a loop yagi at about 35'.

Being it was digital and cutting in and out - that tells me that is was most likely tropo enhancement as the signal strength varies rapidly. Good DX catch!

Dennis - WB0WAO

scannerowner

I believe you! Buchanan County's P25 System's Control Channel is 853.825. I'm almost thirty miles to the East of St. Joseph and with my regular stock antenna on the BCD996T, I've picked up KCMO, St. Joseph Independence, and occasionally Raytown and rarely Grandview. It was amazing!!

dropspam

Anyone of you guys willing to provide Buchanan county? The current one has been down for about a week now.

scannerowner

dropspam, I have the BCD996T in my vehicle and not sure how to provide a feed sorry. I have to be in the city of St. Joseph to pick them up 100% signal.

Status
Not open for further replies.