RCMP PACS Changes

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jay911

Silent Key (April 15th, 2023)
Feed Provider
Wirelessly posted (BlackBerry9700/5.0.0.351 Profile/MIDP-2.1 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 VendorID/107)

I figured we should have a thread for the changes happening in Alberta's RCMP radio system. I'd prefer the people with axes to grind and topics to troll stay away, but it's not my place to deal with that any more.. Anyway, what I'm talking about is the things like the linking of Kananaskis & Canmore, the splitting of Cochrane into 3 linked channels (B2/B10/A15) and etc.

What gave me the idea for this was being on top of a hill in Bragg Creek today and being able to hear A8, 3/5 bars on the 396XT with its stock handheld antenna. It was still coming thru, but (very) broken, 1/5 bars in the valley at Old Banff Coach Road x Hwy 1. The only places confirmed for A8 are Rocky Mountain House and Brooks, according to my data. So I presume I was getting Rocky. It's not skip or ducting as far as I can tell, because I have never picked it up before now. I can get A5 Sundre, A6 Canmore, and B3 Kananaskis in my area on a regular basis, but something must have changed with A8.

I almost forgot - picking up C1 in analog with tone 123.0 constantly today, with just open air, like someone is keying their mic on and off. Random 30ish second bursts of open mic.

Anyway, please feel free to use this as a repository for any modifications or additional info for the RCMP in Alberta.

SCPD

QRT
Only noise I've heard PACS is in the add, move or change repeater site (repeater link) mode around Alberta.
Edmonton area, Ft. Smack and North West Alberta are on the list. Have no info south of Leduc county.
Example Grande Prairie tower will gain 50 feet, St. Albert is changing.....

HDMechanic

Was driving out towards Strathmore and was just east of Chestermere this afternoon and heard coms on B14. Only heard on transmission and missed who it was. Also was using an mobile antena mounted on the top of the wife's mini van. Love being able to mounting an antena their. Also picked up A5 as I was heading up highway 9 north but think that is Olds repeater. I wonder if they are turning up the repeater and adding links to cover more area due to the new system being delayed???

robertmac

Premium Subscriber
Same on Saturday

Had to drive out to Hanna on Saturday and concur with the posting here. Heard Strathmore also on 154.71. And also heard 421.5875 [sorry, can't remember what detachment]. North of Strathmore, was hearing 155.535 from Kananaskis [but activity was in Canmore] as well in the afternoon and evening. Then around midnight, even heard 155.805 with RCMP going into Blackfalds and I was just north of Strathmore. I must say it is nice to hear RCMP on regular scanners before they go encrypted. Could hear 155.82 Okotoks [with the unfortunate MVC] and then Hanna detachment who were busy on highway 9. I even slowed down to allow the RCMP to make a U-turn to catch up to a speeding car who had just whiped past me. Not much activity on 155.52 Drumheller, but a police car was sitting in the dark just over a hill so he probably caught someone speeding. Although I must say, traffic was really well behaved, except for one big Super Duty who passed 2 vehicles on a hill and double solid line. Other than these 2 cases, it was a real enjoyable trip out and back. There was a lot of pause during scanning on 155.43 with no real sound. Heard Mountview Fire 154.665 being dispatched to a burning vehicle west of Carstairs. Plus RCMP being dispatched to same fire, sorry can't remember frequency. Heard STARS being dispatched to the Okotoks MVC and returning [and I was near Three Hills]. Did not hear Three Hills RCMP at all. Was also listening to the MS bikeathon from Airdrie to Olds on 444.675 and 147.135. Heard this as well out to Three Hills. Not a beep was heard from the Hand Hills repeater 146.82 going out and back. So lots of activity on Saturday.

harryshute

Premium Subscriber
Stony Plain RCMP are simulcasting B5 Lake Eden on B11 Alberta Beach and A15 Enoch. They are using 421 and 426 MHz links. Stony seems to be using a Scan function on the three repeaters and they commented on new radios that one member could noy find the RTT button on.
Harry

Jay911

Silent Key (April 15th, 2023)
Feed Provider
Are you sure that's B10? I think A10 exists down near Longview. B10, I thought, was northeast of Cochrane towards Airdrie.

willwilliams

Feed Provider
A9 Raymond/Magrath

I have been hearing alot of some sort of data on this frequencie for the last couple os days. not to sure what it is tho.

DX-300

Hmm...I guess maybe I was mistaken, have to check that out. Anyway, something else I just caught this morning as I'm heading out, I just heard a traffic car book on to the Nanton EMS repeater on 158,9550, interesting...

MrVelvet

A lot of the local Municipal Enforcement vehicles check in with Foothills Dispatch and not RCMP. Could that be who you heard?

willwilliams

Feed Provider
The traffic car you heard was one of the peace officers. they book on with the 911 center in Black Diamond and the operators provide 10-70 checks for them.

harryshute

Premium Subscriber
The County of Leduc and Wetaskiwin check in with the Provincial government operators on 155.595.
They use their county number first. Leduc being Count 25 so 25T1 and Westaskiwin being County 10 as 10T1 ect.
County of Parkland and Lac Ste Anne as well as Seba Beach and Alberta Beach Patrol check in with the Stony RCMP on A15, B5 and B11. In the old Edmonton RCMP Subdivision Sheriffs use 3TXX as an identifier so I'm assuming 2 would be used around Calgary, 4 Lethbridge, 5 Peace River and 6 Red Deer.
County of Strathcona Traffic Enforcement on A7 with the RCMP.

HDMechanic

Was out traveling east of Calgary today and heard more coms on B14 and figured it out as a link to A4 which is Strathmore and Chestermere.

Status
Not open for further replies.