Just waiting on the FCC now...

Status
Not open for further replies.

cgaines78

I passed my Tech exam last night. All now to do is wait to see my name online. VE said should be about a week and I hope so. Already have freq in my radio listening and ready to go since I already have a VHF Fire Radio capable of the 2 Meter band. What I really want is a dual band or tri-band radio to get more of a frequency range at my disposal. Also want to goto General to get more HF bands. Just ready to get started. Took the test to help with our weather spotters and other emergency communications but already met new people and will use for lots more stuff.

DCB65

Premium Subscriber
Congrats! I took my Tech exam on June 19th and showed up in the database on June 25th.

Enjoy your new ticket!

trixwagen

I'm in that position right now, passed the test but not in the database. Reminds me of being 18, 19 and 20....an adult but still can't buy a beer.

K9WG

Congrats!

As long as you are going for General, with a little more study you could go for Extra. Well worth it for the 20-meter DX ;)

73 de K9WG

elk2370bruce

Congrats on becoming a member of a great international community! You'll meet loads of great people who are more than willing to help you learn and grow into the hobby. You've stated the majic word - Listen. Good operating courtesy makes a lot of friends quickly. Nothing is worse than someone flipping on the rig switch and yackking before listening to what is going on. With the listening that you've done, you have a good idea of how things work and how to fit in with your repeater group. Many moons ago when I got my novice license (Noah was an Elmer), you waited weeks and (seemingly)months before getting your ticket in the mail. I think I wore a path from the yard to the mailbox every day. The turnj-around time lately has been very good and a week sounds about right (with a few days due to the holidays added on for good measure). See ya on the air and post your call proudly here when it appears.

kadetklapp

Passed my exam Sunday. I'm a dreaded "no-coder" but I plan to learn. Can't wait to get started. Already have a station setup just waiting to transmit.

KB8OCP

Wow, Several new hams in here! That's Great!
Congratulations to all of you!

The "new" licensing system is fantastic! (Not really new, but still seems like it to me)

I remember waiting for 6 of the longest months of my life to get my ticket in the mail...well... maybe it was only 3 months....BUT IT SEEMED LIKE 6!! hi hi.

And it warms my heart to hear that some of you want to learn CW! Fantastic!
Try all the modes..they are all fun..or even..invent a new one!!

I hope to work you all someday!
cu on the radio 73 es gud dx dit dit
Dave

kb2crk

congrats to all those with the new tickets.
i remember waiting 3 months for my novice in the mail, 2 1/2 months for my tech and less than 2 weeks for my general. the first 2 were back in the 80's and the general was after the code reduction to 5 wpm.
always good to get new blood in the hobby..

kbpd4246

good luck to all on the page. I hope you all eventually go after and get your extra class licenses. Sorry to say, I only have the General. XYL went after her tech, passed it and then got her general the next month. She is the impetus in the family towards both of us working on our extras. 73 de wa8lgm/kbpd4246

Status
Not open for further replies.