MN ARMER P25 settings for GRE-500

Status
Not open for further replies.

local487

I live in the Minnesota River Valley & get marginal reception. My physical location is very low compared to the surrounding area. Sometimes I get better reception of my home county (Scott) off the Hennepin East towers due to different factors - but someone has to be affiliated with the Henn. E. towers and that's not happening 100% of the time.
I'm wondering if anyone has tweaked any of the P25 settings to get a more clear signal or played with the ROAMING vs. STATIONARY settings.
Thanks.

bpracer

I live in the Minnesota River Valley & get marginal reception. My physical location is very low compared to the surrounding area. Sometimes I get better reception of my home county (Scott) off the Hennepin East towers due to different factors - but someone has to be affiliated with the Henn. E. towers and that's not happening 100% of the time.
I'm wondering if anyone has tweaked any of the P25 settings to get a more clear signal or played with the ROAMING vs. STATIONARY settings.
Thanks.

MY GRE PSR-500 will be here Friday, I'm also in Scott County (Southwest). Hope to play around with everything this weekend.

Local 487, Mankato?

wogggieee

Premium Subscriber
Your best bet it so put an antenna on the roof, preferably a yagi pointed at the tower you want to hear. Getting the antenna outside and up as high as you can should help you some. And more than adjusting the p25 settings on your radio.

jdb585

Premium Subscriber
Thanks.

I live in Scott County was well, but to the south. I get fine reception using the CC off of Carver site. I get poor reception while moving around, so I played with the settings a bit. I found using stationary worked best, but the results weren't that different. Good luck. Let me know if you find out anything.

ScanWI

MN & WI DB Admin
Database Admin
Antenna

I would find your closest site use stationary mode and if you want get a 800Mhz directional antenna. From my experience statewide with ARMER it is touch and setting will always be different when mobile i have found that using a high threshold of 85 helps because you will always be in range of more then one tower and it helps with the decoding.

local487

Thanks for the replies. I'll try adjusting the threashold and will probably end up buying an external antenna. I'm a ham radio guy and we only put up antennas in the dead of winter so it may be a while!

Local487 (formerly ECFD)

Status
Not open for further replies.