New feed issues

Status
Not open for further replies.

dren

Feed Provider
I've had some new feed issues that I can't resolve. I can hear the feed on my computer speakers, but can't hear it on another computer via Media Player, Java Player or my cell phone. It shows up on my cell phone but I hear no audio on it. I've forwarded port 80 to the dedicated computer but so far I've not had any luck. I've rebooted the computer, made sure all connections are secure but still no luck.

Can anyone else hear it or is it just me? I show a few listeners. Link is below.

Virginia State Police Division 3 Ch 2 Live Scanner Audio Feed

gmclam

Premium Subscriber
I've had some new feed issues that I can't resolve. I can hear the feed on my computer speakers, but can't hear it on another computer via Media Player, Java Player or my cell phone. It shows up on my cell phone but I hear no audio on it.
You should be able to send the audio to ScannerCast w/o hearing it on your computer directly. It sounds like you are using "playback" properties instead of "recording" properties......

Right click on the speaker icon in your system tray. Select properties and the device your scanner is connected to. Select RECORDING, not playback. Select the correct input and set the level. I'd also go to playback properties and MUTE that input to your sound mixer. Don't listen to the "audio" on your computer, listen to it through WinAmp/etc and the stream.

What I am doing in one case is to run two streams of the same audio. That means running two instances of ScannerCast. One of the streams goes to RR and the other is "local". Use your local IP address to monitor the audio and get it working. Of course once it is working you can monitor back from RR (and perhaps kill the other stream).

eaf1956

Feed Provider
Output

I've had some new feed issues that I can't resolve. I can hear the feed on my computer speakers, but can't hear it on another computer via Media Player, Java Player or my cell phone. It shows up on my cell phone but I hear no audio on it. I've forwarded port 80 to the dedicated computer but so far I've not had any luck. I've rebooted the computer, made sure all connections are secure but still no luck.

Can anyone else hear it or is it just me? I show a few listeners. Link is below.

Virginia State Police Division 3 Ch 2 Live Scanner Audio Feed

How do you have the audio output hooked up between your scanner and the feed computer? If using the RECORD OUT jack, Did you select RECORD on all the channels you wish to broadcast? On the feed computer where is the audio going into and is that selected as the input device? (Mic in vs Line in)

dren

Feed Provider
Thanks for the help guys. I found the issue. For some reason, I needed to reboot the server (Windows 2000 Advanced Server) after making some IP and IIS changes. I'm not sure why that's the case since I've never had to do that before. But alas, it's working. Let me know how the feed quality is. Thanks.

nexus

not getting any audio, some times a scratchy low-volume open carrier for a moment and then silence.

dren

Feed Provider
I heard that too. It seems like something was wrong on their end. I could switch to channel 1 and all was normal. When I turned the squelch down on channel 2, all I got was the scratchy noise and not the usual static. Traffic was coming, but very slowly. It was a very slow night on the channel. I had to switch to a busier channel to make sure traffic really was coming across. It all seems normal this morning though. Thanks for the feedback.

Status
Not open for further replies.