396T - Replacing Knob

Status
Not open for further replies.

mike_s104

Premium Subscriber
Anyone know where I may purchase a replacement knob for the 396T (guessing other models use the same knob too)? I took apart my 396T last night and tried using some contact cleaner to help with the gumming feeling; its the same. Looking at it further, it looks pretty straight forward to replace, just need the part.

EDIT:

Found UPMAN's info here
http://info.uniden.com/twiki/bin/view/UnidenMan4/PartsRequest

It's back-ordered.

Last edited:

mike_s104

Premium Subscriber

barryman

Premium Subscriber
I lost the knob to my 396T and found one at Radio Shack that works - comes 2 in a packet - part # is 274-403 - just had to shave down the bottom end of the plastic a little on a grinding wheel so that once the new knob was in place you could still push down on the knob for the features to work- works as good as the original and looks good.

mike_s104

Premium Subscriber
I lost the knob to my 396T and found one at Radio Shack that works - comes 2 in a packet - part # is 274-403 - just had to shave down the bottom end of the plastic a little on a grinding wheel so that once the new knob was in place you could still push down on the knob for the features to work- works as good as the original and looks good.

Thanks for the info. I guess I titled the post wrong, or at least a little misleading. I want to replace the entire thing...the entire VFO encoder (as I have learned it's actually called). Thanks anyway.

Status
Not open for further replies.