Looking for frequencies? Look Here First!

Status
Not open for further replies.

burner50

The Third Variable
Database Admin

burner50

The Third Variable
Database Admin
Actually since this is the Iowa forum...new stuff for Iowa that hasn't yet been validated should be put here.

Iowa (US) - The RadioReference Wiki

73 Mike

Thanks Mike,

It was sortof a generalized statement, not really specific to Iowa or any place else in general... Just alot of recent posts asking for specific frequencies that are readily available in the DB (i'm assuming the results of a google/bing/yahoo search)

kk6rq

Clarion PD?

OK, I'll bite.

I've looked in the database (here) but see no reference to Clarion PD. There's quite a few VHF freqs licensed to the City of Clarion in the FCC database that aren't in the RR db. Thanks.

timkilbride

Database Admin
OK, I'll bite.

I've looked in the database (here) but see no reference to Clarion PD. There's quite a few VHF freqs licensed to the City of Clarion in the FCC database that aren't in the RR db. Thanks.

I suspect they run their radio traffic through the county sheriff's repeater, a common practice in Iowa. They do have a lady that answers the PD phone Mon-Fri 8-5 so they might have a TAC channel(158.835???) as well to talk to her.

Tim

Vanguard9500

Cedar Rapids

Hi, I'm new. Hopefully I put this in the right forum, I live in Cedar Rapids and am looking to monitor the frequencies from my work on a HT while driving in and before I get to my my work radio to "know which way the wind is blowing" before I walk in. The frequency specific to my building is 456.825 I can pick up static when someone hits PTT and the static stops when the person stops talking/ button is released. How can I receive ineligible speach? Is there a tone that needs to be set or something else? Any help is appreciated.

neilbell

Still trying to get the State Troop freqs used down in Marion County, IA. Radio Ref lists freqs for areas like 2B, 3A etc. Need help some some who knows Iowa!

Neil Bell, KJ6FBA

taximan90

Premium Subscriber
Neil, looks like that county could be using all three area dispatch centers.. what I would do is program for all three but don't put in CTCSS tone code. Set your scanner to search for code and write down the ones you get activity on. Beings where Marion County is according to state maps, I would guess it probably uses Des Moines for dispatch, but who knows, techinically they use Fairfield off repeater B since that is their district communications center. Another thing you could do is program for Albia, Fairfield, Brooklyn and St. Marys from this page... Department of Public Safety Scanner Frequencies and Radio Frequency Reference Maps are located here... Department of Public Safety (IA) - The RadioReference Wiki Good Luck!

IowaGuy1603

Neil, looks like that county could be using all three area dispatch centers.. what I would do is program for all three but don't put in CTCSS tone code. Set your scanner to search for code and write down the ones you get activity on. Beings where Marion County is according to state maps, I would guess it probably uses Des Moines for dispatch, but who knows, techinically they use Fairfield off repeater B since that is their district communications center. Another thing you could do is program for Albia, Fairfield, Brooklyn and St. Marys from this page... Department of Public Safety Scanner Frequencies and Radio Frequency Reference Maps are located here... Department of Public Safety (IA) - The RadioReference Wiki Good Luck!

I would put in all three area DPS Base frequencies and NOT use a CTCSS tone (like stated above)
AND do the same with all three LEA frequencies

Marion County is technically in the Albia Area 3 area but is close enough to the St Marys Area 1 tower and most likely within rage of the Brooklyn Area 2 tower

The sheriff's office would use 155.700 LEA with 146.2 tone (Area 3 B tone)

I am in a similar situation in the Eastern part of the state and load all three BASE and LEA frequeicies into my scanners

Last edited:

timkilbride

Database Admin
If you listen long enough, you can find out where they switch bases as they announce it over the radio. Typically it is around a certain milepost along a road or a landmark.

I can tell you they do not use Brooklyn BASE or LEA in Marion county.

Tim

Status
Not open for further replies.