PRO-96 not working

Status
Not open for further replies.

Roach112683

My dad brought me his scanner the other day and I thought it would just be a simple programming problem but I don't seem to know what it is. The problem is that the scanner is recieveing the voice data but instead of it being a voice it is nothing but static. The scanner is a digital scanner so it should not be like that please help I am not sure what else I need to do to fix this.

Thanks

laguire

Scanner issue

We would need to know what system you are trying to listen to before we would be able to help with the issue. What town are you trying to program to listen to?
Thanks!

Roach112683

State of Delware Trunked System and it is a PRO-96. It is weird because my dad told me it worked then one day just started recieveing nothing but static when the TGs come up.

I have the same programming on my scanner and it works fine.

wulfn1

I've been getting random static on my 96. For me it could be operator error, as I'm not exactly proficient in programming the thing and in fact create tons of files on the computer with different setups from the database, trying to rid myself of the dog catcher and the ferries (think I finally got rid of the DART buses!).

But because so many are suddenly posting (many,.. I've seen like four posts from different members regarding the pro96 having static issues) I figured I'd chime in on the local thread.

Roach112683

Yeah I have static problems on the one I have both for work an in my POV but this one all it is is static. No voices whatsoever. What should I do to get it to work? Should I try to wipe out the current programming and start from scratch? Please I need to fix this for my dad. I just hope it's not anything wrong with the scanner as I don't want to get a new one.

Thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.