• To anyone looking to acquire commercial radio programming software:

Please do not make requests for copies of radio programming software which is sold (or was sold) by the manufacturer for any monetary value. All requests will be deleted and a forum infraction issued. Making a request such as this is attempting to engage in software piracy and this forum cannot be involved or associated with this activity. The same goes for any private transaction via Private Message. Even if you attempt to engage in this activity in PM's we will still enforce the forum rules. Your PM's are not private and the administration has the right to read them if there's a hint to criminal activity.

If you are having trouble legally obtaining software please state so. We do not want any hurt feelings when your vague post is mistaken for a free request. It is YOUR responsibility to properly word your request.

To obtain Motorola software see the Sticky in the Motorola forum.

The various other vendors often permit their dealers to sell the software online (i.e., Kenwood). Please use Google or some other search engine to find a dealer that sells the software. Typically each series or individual radio requires its own software package. Often the Kenwood software is less than $100 so don't be a cheapskate; just purchase it.

For M/A Com/Harris/GE, etc: there are two software packages that program all current and past radios. One package is for conventional programming and the other for trunked programming. The trunked package is in upwards of $2,500. The conventional package is more reasonable though is still several hundred dollars. The benefit is you do not need multiple versions for each radio (unlike Motorola).

This is a large and very visible forum. We cannot jeopardize the ability to provide the RadioReference services by allowing this activity to occur. Please respect this.

Motorola MTS2000 Programing

Status
Not open for further replies.

radiogeek94

Hello, I have a motorola MTS200, i have a Windows 7 laptop, and am running the new MTS software by motorola, it always tells me unable to configure radio, what should i do, i am also using the rib box.

davidgcet

Premium Subscriber
does it read it at all? if so, can you read it and dump the information right back to it?

b7spectra

EMS Dispatcher
You might want to try in the Motorola forum. Anyway, are you operating this in a DOS window or are you using CPS? If CPS, unless you have 7 Ultimate, you may be out of luck a the Ultimate allows you to run the program in XP mode where the other versions don't. If you are using DOS, forget it, your computer is going to be way too fast.

bezking

MTS CPS will not run under Windows 7 or Vista. You need to use XP, and make sure your comports are configured correctly. Are you using a USB-Serial adapter?

K2KOH

Premium Subscriber
MTS CPS will not run under Windows 7 or Vista. You need to use XP, and make sure your comports are configured correctly. Are you using a USB-Serial adapter?

Not true...the latest version of MTS CPS does work on Vista, and I have it loaded on Windows 7 computers. Once the software is installed, you MUST have a USB to serial cable CORRECTLY installed. If the CPS does not see a serial port, it will not load.

b7spectra

EMS Dispatcher
I run 64 bit on my PC and since I'm using Ultimate 7, I told mine to work in XP mode and don't have any problems with it.

Metrofire31

Premium Subscriber
AEMTKieran - Can you elaborate on what you are referring to by "Install the USB cable CORRECTLY"? I allowed the PC to detect and find the driver automatically. Was that not the CORRECT way. Appreciate any guidance you can offer.

Devilz311

I'm using Windows 7 Pro, a USB-Serial converter, and RIB.

The USB cable installed automatically, and I've never had an issue with the MTS or Professional CPS.

I've used the same setup with Windows Vista as well.

MasterMarine

I know this is an old thread but I imagine it will become more relevant to people as XP (and XP Compatability Mode) loses support next month and they are forced into Windows 7.

How exactly are you using the MTS CPS on your windows 7 machine? What version of CPS are you using? How about 7? Compatability mode?

N4KVE

as XP (and XP Compatability Mode) loses support next month and they are forced into Windows 7.
Who is being forced into Windows 7? I for 1 will continue to use my XP machine for programming radios. I still have a DOS laptop for older Sabers, & MTX radios. Just because support for XP machines ends in April does not mean XP machines will all die on that day.

MasterMarine

I work in a corporate environment where our IT department has decreed that we will not have anymore XP machines due to the fact that no more security upgrades will be released for XP (and XP compatability mode in Win 7) after the beginning of April. I will probably end up having to keep an old laptop for XP (like the even older one I have to do the DOS RSS) which I will not be able to hook to the network but I am looking for input into operating CPS on Win 7. It is far easier for me to do the programming and tuning work I need to do using my desktop so I would like to come up with some work around if possible.

I primarily need to figure out how to run the CPS for the MTS2000, the MCS2000, and the MTR 2000 with Windows 7. Is it possible?

marksroberson

Running R02.00.01
Mine just says: f2- add zone f3- prev zone f4- next zone f5-delete zone f6-add channel f7-delete channel
When I press add channel it goes to channel 17

Status
Not open for further replies.