Oakland county dilemma

Status
Not open for further replies.

i5adam8

So the wife and I are going to be visiting some family in Lake Orion this week just the same as we did last summer around this time. The last time we were there,I had no shortage of things to listen to on my scanner. As most of you that live in that area already know,Opensky has pretty much stamped out everything in the county as far as scanning. So I was wondering if their is anything left to monitor that hasn't quite migrated over yet? If not,any suggestions on what is active in the area that isn't part of the opensky network?

freqs

There is still alot in Oakland Co to listen to I can list everything in the county still active if you like but for now these are still active near Lake Orion .
154.4300 fire multi dispatch.
154.9650.Addison Twp Fire.
154.965.Brandon Twp fire.
156.1650.O.C.R.C.
156.2250 O.C.R.C. ROADS
423.1500 Auburn Hills FD.
423.0750 Auburn Hills PD ( all freqs for auburn hills still active).
423.0500.Ind Twp FD .
155.5950.N/Oakland Fire .
423.4250 Oakland Twp FD.
423.7500 Oxford PD .
154.3100 Oxford FD .

GKolo

Sure wish we had a live fire feed from the fire freq's you listed. I am from that area and miss hearing them.

pjbracing

Premium Subscriber
These fire departments are seem to be pretty active on these frequencies in the area:

423.05 Independance (Clarkston) Fire
154.415 Rochester Hills Fire
423.625 SouthField Fire
424.175 W Bloomfield Fire
154.16 White Lake Fire
154.385 Waterford Fire

You can also program the frequencies for the Romeo Tower (MPSCS) for Macomb County. You might be able to catch something off the Holly Tower for Genesse County as well.

Warren and Sterling Heights are active and probably within your reach too! Check the RR database for exactly what you want in the area.

Enjoy your visit and drive safely!

i5adam8

Ok,now that I have a majority of the Fire channels,are their any Police frequencies around still active. I tried the MPSCS frequencies for both Holly and Romeo towers and they are real spotty with my Pro-96. Have to do a lot of walking around the Hotel room and holding up my scanner to the window lol.

fnnm1062

longtime member
Auburn Hills PD 423.075
Oxford Village PD 423.750
and thats about it, the rest of the area is mainly patrolled by Oakland County and is on the OpenSky and so is Lake Orion PD.

BT202

Premium Subscriber
OI tried the MPSCS frequencies for both Holly and Romeo towers and they are real spotty with my Pro-96. Have to do a lot of walking around the Hotel room and holding up my scanner to the window lol.

LOL!!! Don't feel bad. Other agencies on the MPSCS have to do the same thing with their portables.

imthepcguy

No more scanning, the fire departments that you are hearing are either a console patch or their tone out, most fire traffic will be done on the ECP mode of Opensky which is radio to radio, unless your close you can hear some but don't hold your breath.

The PD side of things all but Orion Twp fire and Southfield PD will be on it, Oakland Counties days of scanning are but a memory, how do I know I work for Oakland County Radio

Sorry folks it's the wave of the future and by the way the Opensky System is working pretty darn good aside from what all the nay sayers out there are saying.

RayAir

No more scanning, the fire departments that you are hearing are either a console patch or their tone out, most fire traffic will be done on the ECP mode of Opensky which is radio to radio, unless your close you can hear some but don't hold your breath.

The PD side of things all but Orion Twp fire and Southfield PD will be on it, Oakland Counties days of scanning are but a memory, how do I know I work for Oakland County Radio

Sorry folks it's the wave of the future and by the way the Opensky System is working pretty darn good aside from what all the nay sayers out there are saying.

Would it burst your bubble if someone where to tell you that unencrypted Open Sky can be monitored with a computer software program?

And BTW the officers I talked to said that Open Sky would be alright if the audio was better and it didn't cut out. They did say there is less static than the old analog TRS.

Status
Not open for further replies.