Is there a NEED?

Status
Not open for further replies.

roadranger

...For live audio feeds for Athens-Clarke County and the University of Georgia? I'd like to know before I complete my reserch on this project for our community hobbiests. Submit you opinions here, please.

procopper7005

Premium Subscriber
UGA can have SOME decent traffic on the weekend especially at night with all the drunks and car burglaries, I would say a full time feed is not needed EXCEPT on home game weekends.
In those cases I would recommend pairing UGA dispatch, patrol TAC, CID, and the ACCPD Special Events 1 and 2 together.
ACCPD uses Special Events 1 and 2 for all of its downtown during gameday operations and all of these have very heavy traffic, lots of arrests, etc.

Under normal operations I think East and West ACCPD could be on one feed. If you put anything else like fire or EMS or UGA in that feed it will be way too crowded.

girldawg

Premium Subscriber
Within the city, in my opinion...not within the stadium. Personally, I would like to see the feed 24/7...but obviously, I'm a novice, don't have the set-up and really don't know how much of a burden that is.

roadranger

I think...

that so far you guys are close enough to hear Athens-Clarke with an analouge trunk-tracker. I'll wait to hear from others that would have the necessity to use a streamed link.

CLynch7

I'm in the Acworth/Cartersville area. I'd be a shock to get ACCPD for me. Maybe on top of Kennesaw Mountain? I lived in Athens for years, and miss it. Its great to hear whats going on. An airport feed would be nice.....

Status
Not open for further replies.