Montgomery Rebanding

Status
Not open for further replies.

wwhitby

Feed Provider
I saw on the FCC's site that Montgomery now has a license with the YE service code and additional frequencies have been added recently.

I was told that Montgomery County deputies will be getting Harris P7300 radios in "about a month", and I was also told that some talkgroups will be temporarily changing until everything gets straightened out "in a couple of months."

The radio techs are also busy checking reception on both digital and analog modulations in different areas.

So, it looks like rebanding has begun. Stand by for change.....

Warren

wwhitby

Feed Provider
Frequency wise, the FCC license shows new frequencies for both WPNQ888 and KNNM675. I'll have to go through the list and identify the added or deleted frequencies.

Change wise, no change to the LCNs shown yet in Unitrunker, however there have been some groups patched together temporarily.

I'll ask and see if I can learn anything more about the future plans for this system.

Warren

kcoleman

I think it was Tuesday night I heard the MPD dispatcher tell one of the units that the FD had a new(another) channel, don't know if this is related or not.

Keith,

wwhitby

Feed Provider
I listened a good bit today while I was working, and it looks like the Montgomery Volunteer Fire Department talkgroups have changed. I'm seeing traffic on talkgroups 401-409, and 1700 series radio IDs. Pintlala is on 405, Pike Road on 401 and Waugh is either on 402 or 403 - I wasn't able to tell. Those are the only VFDs i've heard so far.

Besides the VFD changes, it looks like the old SO Patrol talkgroups have been supplanted by the VFD talkgroups. I'm going to keep listening and i'll run Unitrunker at home to see what is happening.

Also, I was told that the deputies were supposed to turn in their HTs last Monday and would be issued new ones last Tuesday. I was concerned they would be switching to ProVoice digital but so far, no changes in modulation have occurred.

Warren

wwhitby

Feed Provider
You're welcome guys. I'll keep listening and digging....

Also, should this thread become a sticky, at least until after the rebanding is completed?

wwhitby

Feed Provider
TG 385 is Montgomery SO Special Events-1. I've picked up 386, so that must be Special Events-2.

I think these are existing TGs, but they aren't in the database.

Warren

wwhitby

Feed Provider
TG 404 is Catoma VFD and 408 is South Montgomery VFD.

I suspect the TG order follows the order of the old B channels. So they would be:

401 - Pike Road
402 - Possibly Snoudown VFD
403 - Waugh - Mt. Meigs VFD
404 - Catoma
405 - Pintlala
406 - Possibly Rolling Hills VFD
407 - Possibly North Montgomery VFD
408 - South Montgomery VFD

I also see a TG 409 that had 30+ hits in Unitrunker. It must be an active VFD, but I haven't heard it on the scanner yet.

BTW, thanks to the mod for making this one a sticky.

Warren

KE5TLF

Good work Warren. Once you're satisfied things are settled down and are sure of the changes being made be sure to make some submissions so we can fix it up in the DB.

Also if you get the rebanded freqs. worked out I can create *rebanded* copies of each site in the DB so others can easily load both versions and be ready for when the official switch comes.

wwhitby

Feed Provider
I was planning on holding off with any updates until after rebanding is finished. No sense sending update after update....

I need to check the T/A's web site to see what frequencies will be given up. I do have a list of the new frequencies, however the LCNs are still the same (for the time being) so the new frequencies haven't been added to the system.

BTW, this is not an exclusive "Warren Show", so anyone who is able to listen in or run Unitrunker or both on the Montgomery systems, please do so and update this sticky with what you learn.

Warren

KE5TLF

hehe Well said. :lol: Wish I was close enough to help out myself.

BTW, this is not an exclusive "Warren Show", so anyone who is able to listen in or run Unitrunker or both on the Montgomery systems, please do so and update this sticky with what you learn.

Warren

xon

I guess this could explain why my scanner's been acting funky lately. You said the freqs being used haven't changed yet though?

cupcakes8706

Any word on what MPD is doing with their system? A buddy of mine that works for them told me his radio was just reprogrammed this week (obviously he doesn't really know what they did to it). Now my scanner picks up an MPD transmission once every few minutes at best, but MPD traffic comes up on the display a lot, just no audio.

My police officer buddy said they were reprogramming to frequencies in the 900 MHz range, but he's not a radio guy so I'm not sure of the validity.

Status
Not open for further replies.