Who's shipping Home Patrols

Status
Not open for further replies.

ebreeden

I've seen several references to Ham Station having shipped Home Patrol scanners. Even a few folks have received them. Have any other dealers started shipping the radios? And has anyone received them from those dealers?
Am awaiting one from Grove Enterprises. Just curious.

Thanks, Edward

N8TXX

Scanner Enthusiast
I've seen several references to Ham Station having shipped Home Patrol scanners. Even a few folks have received them. Have any other dealers started shipping the radios? And has anyone received them from those dealers?

Thanks, Edward

I ordered from BearcatWarehouse.com, they ship tomorrow Tuesday the 28th.

Anvil

Premium Subscriber
Shipping

I talked with Grove today and they are shipping "this week".

ebreeden

I wonder....

Thanks to those who have already replied and I look forward to hearing from others.

I wonder if Uniden would prefer that most units be shipped out to arrive on or about Oct 1 to coincide with their "published" release date of Oct 1?

Edward

S

SouthColumbus

I'm to lazy to look it up, can you lock out selected channels or frequencies from scanning? thanks..

KE4ZNR

Radio Geek
Premium Subscriber
I'm to lazy to look it up, can you lock out selected channels or frequencies from scanning? thanks..

In the future please don't "threadjack" or hijack other members threads.
Thanks.
It's called "Avoiding" channels/talkgroups instead of locking out but yes, channels/talkgroups can be avoided.
Since you are too lazy to bother doing research on the unit, it might be just the
radio for you due to the fact it is preloaded with the entire US/Canada database :)
No need to do any extensive programming. You do have to be willing to
at least put in your zip code or city name though :D
Marshall KE4ZNR

ebreeden

It's shipped

Looks like mine is on it's way from Grove. Got emails from Grove and UPS indicating it has shipped. All being well, should be enjoying the radio this time tomorrow.

Thanks again to everyone for your input. Perhaps others have benefited from this information as well as I.

Edward

n9nwo

Scanner Master shipping

Thanks, Edward

I ordered my HP-1 from Scanner Master on Sept 23rd, it shipped today (29th). They had at least one pallet of the radios in stock.

b52hbuff

I wanted to make a smart quip about Joe and Bob and whoever. But I can't keep the names and expertise straight. So let me ask in another way. ;)

One of the themes that UPMan and supporters of HP-1 has continually pushed is that this is a radio for 'the common man'. (Queue "Fanfare for the Common Man, link provided below). From the thread, it looks like everyone is buying the radio from the usual suspects of retailers who cater to the scanning enthusiast. So where is the 'common man' buying this radio?

I am also interested in other outlets, since my longtime local scanner store (Scanners Unlimited) has closed. I'd really be interested in going to some other local store to buy the radio...

YouTube - Fanfare For the Common Man

ebreeden

additional selling channels

That's a very good question, B52HBUFF.

I suspect that since the initial supply of radios is limited, Uniden chose to use the traditional supply channel.

As time goes by, then I would think the other channels like Amazon, Best Buy , maybe even Radio Shack could come on-line.

However, more importantly in my mind will be its advertising campaign. I doubt our "common man" has even heard of Pop Comm or Monitoring Times and with bricks and mortar bookstores closing and reducing inventory, a random find of these magazines decreases.

When I see ads in Time, SI and others, then I'll figure the HP-1 has gone mainstream. In the meantime, those of us with these radios can demo them to our friends and co-workers who might have a passing interest in scanning. The $500 pricetag will be steep for most casual users, but with time this or susequent models may come down in price.

Edward

n9nwo

I wanted to make a smart quip about Joe and Bob and whoever. But I can't keep the names and expertise straight. So let me ask in another way. ;)

One of the themes that UPMan and supporters of HP-1 has continually pushed is that this is a radio for 'the common man'. (Queue "Fanfare for the Common Man, link provided below). From the thread, it looks like everyone is buying the radio from the usual suspects of retailers who cater to the scanning enthusiast. So where is the 'common man' buying this radio?

I am also interested in other outlets, since my longtime local scanner store (Scanners Unlimited) has closed. I'd really be interested in going to some other local store to buy the radio...

YouTube - Fanfare For the Common Man

In Ham lingo, this is an appliance operators radio. It requres about the skill that a Kitchen Aid stand mixer does (little more than a hand mixer but still user friendly). Uniden seems to be marketing to the knowledgeable hobbist. But nothing says that they will not market the radio via Wal-Mart or Radio Shack in the future once the HP-1 becomes known.

As for vendors, here ares some
Scanner Master
Bearcat Warehouse
Communications Electronics Inc
Universal Radio
R&L Electronics
Grove Enterprises
AES
Ham Station (Evansville)

And I know I am missing some.....

markbart

In Ham lingo, this is an appliance operators radio. It requres about the skill that a Kitchen Aid stand mixer does (little more than a hand mixer but still user friendly). Uniden seems to be marketing to the knowledgeable hobbist. But nothing says that they will not market the radio via Wal-Mart or Radio Shack in the future once the HP-1 becomes known.

As for vendors, here ares some
Scanner Master
Bearcat Warehouse
Communications Electronics Inc
Universal Radio
R&L Electronics
Grove Enterprises
AES
Ham Station (Evansville)

And I know I am missing some.....

As I have said before the average user who want's to hear what's going on locally doesn't care about programing the scanner they just want to listen.The reason I say this is becouse I have become the local scanner prograner.I keep copies of user manuals for GRE-500/600,BCT-396XT/996XT.Pro-2096/PRO97 and others.I am willing to help others get started in a hobby I have enjoyed for 45 Yrs.The biggest problem I have with the digital scanners is that they are so hard to program.Even though I don't have a digital scanner to play with I'm willing to try to program one.

UPMan

In Memoriam
Premium Subscriber
When I see ads in Time, SI and others, then I'll figure the HP-1 has gone mainstream.

Does Popular Science count? (We have a full-page ad on Page 28 of the October issue.)

Status
Not open for further replies.