Any Members From Brown County Ohio

Status
Not open for further replies.

jymypy123

Premium Subscriber
I was wondering if there are any brown county members on here that can help me understand how the MARCS system works?

jymypy123

Premium Subscriber
I was wondering if you hear any of Batavia OSP? I'm having trouble with the batavia tower and was wondering if any one else is

wefr15

Feed Provider
jympy123,

I live in Eastern Hamilton County and I am out in Mt. Orab at least once or twice a week and I am hearing Batavia OSP just great. Since I just got the GRE PSR 500 I re-programed it using ARCPro500 and using the Radioreference data base I got Brown Co. Sheriffs Department are now dispatching on MARCS. So I had to add that talk group to my other radios.

What questions do you have about MARCS? I hopefully can answer them.

Bill

jymypy123

Premium Subscriber
what determines what control channel they use. i have at least 10 talkgroups for brown county. I also wonder why i can hear Wilmington Post but Not Adams county who is on the MARCS.

radioscan

Radio Sensei
Database Admin
The MARCS administration and radio techs (DAS) determine which control channels work best for which area. You need to stop thinking about MARCS in terms of frequencies. All you need to know are the control channels and alternate control channels for whichever sites you can monitor.

You can hear an agency (MARCS user/subscriber) when a unit(s) radio affilates with a tower site you are monitoring. You may not hear an Adams County talkgroup active because there are no Adams County units affliating with a tower site you are monitoring. Vice versa an OSP Post 13 (Batavia) unit may be affliating with a Brown County site you may be monitoring. Its possbile that for some odd reason an OSP Post 7 unit (St. Clairsville) in eastern Ohio may be in your area and their radio is affilating with a tower site you are monitoring. Basically don't be shocked to suddenly see a talkgroup active that may be used on the opposite side of the state from where you are. After a few months of listening you will get a feel for the most used talkgroups heard at your location.

Status
Not open for further replies.